"Edit with Conerstone" loads "Content" directory, wont load page

“Edit with Conerstone” takes me to the "content"screen in Conerstone I can see the preview when I select my page but when I click “edit” I get nothing it loads and nothing happens. I ve tried creating new pages with the same result.

Same problem here. See title of my page, nothing else.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! You might just be experiencing PHP memory limit exhaustion. ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

If this does not work, please try update your permalinks in Settings > Permalinks. Switch to default then back to your preferred selection and hit save changes button just to update it. If nothing is working, I would ask you to provide us access to your site so that we can investigate.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, @RueNel. I apologize, I am a pure amateur, which is why I got your easy theme with Cornerstone in the first place – I’ve managed to run this website for years with no coding whatsoever, and no problems, either, until this. I will happily hand you the keys if you tell me how I can.

thanks for the reply. pretty certain that is not the issue. Typically if you click on “edit with Conerstone” it takes you right to the editor for that page. Now it takes you to the Cornerstone content directory where, when you click edit on the desired page it quickly loads but the page never changes the Icon pulses once and that’s it. If I click on the name of page it quickly loads the preview, but it wont load the editor…

Hello Ames,

The password is not working for us.

Thank you for the clarifications. Please be advised that Cornerstone can be used to create and edit a page and a post. Regretfully you cannot any page that you assigned as your Posts Page or blog index. Even using the default WordPress editor, Visual or Text only the title will be used and any other contents will be discarded. This is how WordPress works when a page is assigned as your blog index. You can check it out here in the codex: https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page#Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

Hope this helps.

yeah, I’m working with a “page” not a post. I upgraded to Pro and the issue persists. here is link to a video showing wahts happening. https://app.box.com/s/sbg5bt8h0pq6btgauuw0n2rzgdyz8pa9

Hi there,

Unfortunately I’m having the exact same problem. Have you had any luck fixing the problem @SomeGuero? Please do share!

Thanks!

Joe

Same problem for me… happen with cornerstone update?

nope, no fix yet

Would you mind sharing login credentials in a secure note? We could take a look at what’s happening in your site.

The root cause of issues like this could vary, so to anyone else experiencing the same problem it’s quite possible the solution isn’t the same. I would recommend that you open your own topics so we can discuss with each of you individually. Thanks!

thanks, shared above

Thanks! I’ve been able to track down the problem here. It’s trying to load the editor, but a fatal PHP error is encountered. This causes it to redirect back to the index page instead of the actual content builder.

Here’s the error I’m seeing logged:

Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 74 bytes) ...

This means you are hitting the memory limit set by PHP. Please see Runel’s post above for information on how you can increase that limit: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/edit-with-conerstone-loads-content-directory-wont-load-page/16771/3

Another option would be to deactivate any plugins you don’t need, as this would reduce memory usage.

welp, i’ll eat crow in the corner now… That worked. Thanks so much!

Perfect! Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

Thanks @alexander, this sort of worked for me too, however, it’s not getting past the elements page. Could I still be running out of memory?

*EDIT: I switched off a few non-vital plugins in the hope of increasing available memory and it seems to be working. Can make changes now. For reference, would re-activating them after making my changes affect anything? I have noticed that the site has becoming a tad slow on loading. Thanks!

Hi there,

Activating back the plugins may cause the issue again as you will hit the memory limit again. It is suggested that you increase the PHP memory limit. For more detailed information:

Also, the same symptom might be caused by different reasons as there are many environmental factors in play when it comes to page builders.

Kindly open up a separate thread and give us detailed information. kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Please do not add the Secure Note here as it is visible between us and the Original Poster of the topic.

Thank you

Hi, I’ve increased my memory, unloaded all the plugins, reloaded all the plugins, gone through all your recommendations, had the webhost troubleshoot the site, and I still can’t edit my website in Cornerstone, even though that’s the only way I’ve edited my site for the past two years. Can you give it a try to see what you think?

Hi There,

The root cause of issues like this could vary, so we need to investigate further. Since we can not ask you to provide credentials here because the thread starter will able to see it.

We kindly ask you to create your own thread, explaining what is the issue and summarize what you have done so far. And then provide us login credentials in a “secure note”.

How To Post A Support Question

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.