Edit theme "option" missing

Dear Support
I installed Pro on nanokliniken.info, but to get essential grid working, I need to access the child theme in the editor. Strangely this option is now missing in the admin panel under Appearance/Utseende

thanks for you help on how to access Chil-theme and add Functions to enable essential grid purchase code.

Br
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for writing in, maybe that was hidden intentionally.

Take a look on this Remove Theme Editor, some hosting do hide that editor by default, so you might want to ask your hosting support about that as well.

But we don’t recommend editing theme or plugin file in there though, because you can easily lockup on your site with the slightest mistake you made on a php file.

Access your files via FTP instead, that way if you made a mistake you can correct it immediately.

First things first, I don’t see you install or activate a child theme on your site, please set up a child theme first.

Setup - How To Setup Child Themes

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Ok, but when I follow your on-line help to set up a child theme, I do all the steps, But when WHEN I activate the child theme, The Pro Theme gets deactivated. I was expecting the Pro theme to still be activated, even if I activate the child Theme. When I then activate the Pro-Theme, the Child Theme gets deactivated. Please help

Hi Andreas,

A child theme inherits all the features and functions of the parent Theme, so it’s fine to activate the child theme and leave the parent theme deactivated, that’s how it works.

What is a Child Theme

Hope that shed some lights,
Cheers!

It is working now, strange to not have the main theme activated, but it did the job. Thanks for your help!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.