Edit Page Taking Too Long to Respond

Hey Guys,

I wrote before about my website page taking too long to respond. However I think I opened a ticket and I’m unsure how to reply to you guys. I pasted the records below so you know what is going on.

Basically the new question is I’ve had a look at your response and it was really helpful. After following the steps I was checking plugins and i noticed Cornerstone was not even activated. After pressing “Activate” it comes with the following

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base in /home/asiawide/public_html/xindaya.asia/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6

I’m not sure what exactly this means or how to proceed. I tried to:

1. Deleting the plugin installed on the site.
  2. Re-download x-pro and find the Cornerstone plugin .zip file
  3. Directly upload the Cornerstone plugin again

But it still comes with this error when activating.

Please advise

Kindly

Original email and response:

Hi there,

The most important thing to check first is the Memory Limit of the PHP on your hosting Service provider. Kindly follow up the case with your hosting service provider using this guide:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-customizer/196 (Not Working or Showing a White Screen section.)

The other thing is the plugin conflict check. I suggest that you deactivate all plugins and check the performance.

And at the end I suggest that you double check if you have the latest version of the Pro. Xpro is changed to Pro and the latest version is 1.1.0:

Thank you.

Christopher
Themeco Support
{#HS:386021522-102565#}
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 11:48 AM CDT, — wrote:
Summary: Edit Page Taking Too Long to Respond

Hi X-Theme,

I have been using your theme for a while now and LOVE IT! However recently (especially with the upgrade to Pro) I have been having issues with the edit-page loading times to the extent that I sometimes can’t save my work.

When editing a page it takes significantly longer to load than normal. It also pops up with a “There may be a script error on this page” error. However the even more frustrating thing is that when I finish making changes to a page and press “Save” the page takes sometimes MINUTES to save the page. Sometimes it doesn’t even save but the page times out and I lose all the work I have been working on. This is extremely frustrating and makes editing the site unworkable.

Please help find a solution to help me resolve this issue ASAP as I need to be able to edit this commercial site but am unable to due to the unreasonable loading times/connection time-outs.

Note: my internet connection is very fast and I have tested the problem on multiple machines with the same results. Furthermore I have only encountered this problem working with the new X-Pro theme.

Kindly,

Hi there,

It seems that despite deleting the Cornerstone some references are there still on your files and folders. Kindly get back to us with Wordpress dashboard login information and FTP access using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back so quickly :slight_smile: I’ve done what you said and made a Secure Note with all the info requested.

Let me know if you need anything else.
:slight_smile:

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the Wordpress Dashboard information, unfortunately there is also one more step which we do not have the information for to be able to access the dashboard:

But I was able to access via FTP. I suggest that you remove the X as you are using Pro now and if you decide to use Pro kindly remove the Cornerstone plugin completely as the Pro does not need the plugin.

If you decide to keep X please remove the Pro and keep the Cornerstone.

Thank you.

Hi there,

I updated the info.

Yes, we updated to Pro recently. If we do not need Cornerstone that is fine but there is still the issue of the page taking a very long time to load. When you log in try loading a page from cornerstone and saving it - it is almost unusable and the error of “There may be a script error on this page” in a black box appears…

If you could help resolve this whilst keeping the Pro theme that would be great!!

Thank you so much!!

Hi there,

The speed of the builder is directly related to your hosting service provider. You can get a better result by increasing the PHP memory limit. Kindly contact your hosting service provider and ask them to follow up this guide:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-customizer/196 (Not Working or Showing a White Screen section.)

It seems that we already suggested that solution which is the main way to increase the speed. I wonder if you have done that step. If you have done and you still experiencing the problem I suggest that you test the same case with another hosting service provider.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.