Edit page cornerstone throws me back to login screen

Hi all
Whenever I would like to edit a page with Cornerstone I’m thrown back to the login screen. I alrady checked the settings but it must be something else.
Andi

Hello @laengle,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Since you havent mentioned the steps taken to troubleshoot the issue, please try following and let us know how it goes.

1. Please navigate to WP Dashboard > Settings > General and make sure WordPress address(url) and site address(url) are the same.

2. Have you checked for plugin conflict? If not please try testing for plugin conflict.

3. Please clear site and browser cache and try editing page with Cornerstone again.

4. Are you running the latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone? Please refer our version compatibility guide to compare https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Thanks.

Tried to follow your instructions but didn’t help. have you got another idea?

Hi there,

Please provide your login credentials in a secure note and I’ll check it too. Maybe it’s related to something else.

Thanks!

Hi Rad

I added the credentials as a secure note.

In the meantime I renamed the page that is no more editable to ‘Home -old’ and set it to Draft modus and created a more or less similar page with Visual Composer. Nevertheless I would like to know why Cornerstone doesn’t work anymore.

Regards

Andreas

Could you also let us know the site URL? Thanks!

http://luescherwohnen.ch/lwag_wp_02/

Hello There,

Thank you for providing the information. I did some further investigation. I noticed that you are using PHP version 5.3.23 and MySQL 5.0.95. Please be advised that WordPress 4.8 requires at least 7 with MySQL5.6 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). This could possibly be the cause of the issue. In most cases you cannot update your PHP version yourself and need to contact your host about this. The upgrade process is an easy process and should be something your host can do for you without affecting your website or charging you for it. Here’s a letter you can send to your hosting company:

Dear host,

I'm interested in running the open-source WordPress <https://wordpress.org/> web software and 
I was wondering if my account supported the following:

- PHP 5.6 or greater
- MySQL 5.6 or greater
- The mod_rewrite Apache module

Looking forward to your reply.

After you have updated PHP and MySQL version, we can investigate further if you will be logged out when editing in Cornerstone.

Please let us know how it goes.

I changed the page provider and now I can edit the pages again with cornerstone. thank you very much.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

What do you mean change the page provider I am having this same problem. But I am using the latest PHP and MYSQL.

Hey @deanmath,

I think @laengle means hosting provider. Please open a separate thread for your issue because the cause might be different. Post your credentials in a Secure Note there. For the meantime, please check for the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.