Edit footer ( X theme)

Hi there,

Currently I have footer set with a form and the menu and social icons below it. Is there a way to put the menu and the form in two columns instead of another section.

www.foodmesh.ca

Hello @Mesh,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Though changing the layout of footer is not advisable as it may break the layout of website but here is the CSS that you can add under X > Theme Options > CSS:

@media only screen and (min-width: 900px) {
    footer.x-colophon.top {
    float: left;
    width: 50%;
}

footer.x-colophon.bottom {
    float: left;
    width: 50%;
    min-height: 535px;
    display: flex;
    align-items: center;
}
}

Please note that any issues coming because of changing the layout will fall outside the scope of support we can offer.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply Prasant.

Do you suggest another way to make the footer look a bit more appealing? Right now the form and the footer menu with the social icons look a bit off.

Hi maybe I can add instagram feed beside the form? Could you please direct me how I can do that?

Hello @Mesh,

Thanks for updating the thread.

You can use Essential Grid or The Grid plugins that comes bundled with X Theme to display Instagram feed. You can install those plugins from X > Validation > Extensions.

You can take a look at following tutorials to get started.

https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/essential-grid-documentation/

https://theme-one.com/docs/the-grid/

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Sure, do I add the shortcode of essential grid under customize of Footer 2 then?

I just created the grid but it seems to freeze when I try to preview it. I haven’t even added it to the footer.

OK now the website has crashed seems like.

I am not sure. I need urgent help. Thank you

Gateway Timeout
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

This seems to be the error

“[Fri May 11 19:45:11.526652 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 16249:tid 139694549268224] [client 96.49.162.46:59571] AH01071: Got error 'udes/external-sources.class.php on line 912
PHP message: PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/includes/external-sources.class.php on line 912”

www.foodmesh.ca

Hello @Mesh,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Please try out following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
    try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Prasant,

I can’t access the wp dashboard as the site has crashed. Right now we just pointed our dev site as a replicate but the actual marketing site has crashed.

How does one access the front end when the site has crashed? Or what could we do from the back-end?

I have added login credentials in a secure note.

Hello @Mesh,

Thanks for updating the tread.

Upon login I edited few elements in Essential Gird and I don’t see any error message while saving those changes. Can you please let me know the steps that I can follow to replicate the problem?

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

I created a new essential grid and choose instagram as the source (stream) and just added my username. Upon loading the preview, wordpress froze and crashed when I tried to refresh it.

I am not sure if you should replicate it as it is our only second dev site and we don’t have another website to point it to.

Update: We have been able to restore the marketing site.

You can now try it at wpdev.foodmesh.ca ( The login credentials are the same)

Thank you.

Hello There,

I have logged in and I could not replicate any issue. I edited one of your grid and changed the source using instagram. I used the username and the tags as well. Still, no issues were encountered.

Please check your site again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.