E&P Form uploads not found

Hi there!

If a user does upload a .pdf in the Estimation &Payment tool, I’ll get a link to the uploaded file in the order-mail, but the link does not work. It shows to an folder, that does not exist.

Any Idea how to solve this?

Best regards

Uli

Hello Uli,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out following solution and let us know how it goes:

1. Please make sure you have correct file permission. For file permission please take a look at following article. https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Prasant,
I don’t think, all thes steps are helpful, because it already worked (there are several folders with uploads), but stopped working somewhen in the last few weeks.
1.) There were no changes made to the file-permissions, so this should not be the reason
2.) There were no new third party plugins installed.
3.) I did increase the PHP Memory Limit from 256 to 512 MB, but the problem still exists.

For BackendAccess see Secure Note …

Best regards
Uli

In between I did some Tests:
1.) Upload small .png File: Works, folder and file are created
2.) Upload .pdf with 1.5 MB: Does not work - no error message, but no folder / file created
3.) Upload .jpg with 5 MB: Works, folder and file are created
4.) Upload very small .pdf with 75kb: Does not work - no error message, but no folder / file created

So there seems to be a problem regarding .pdf files …

There already were .pdf uploaded, the last ones seem to be from the beginning of october.

Hi Uli,

It could be related to security as well and your hosting environment is blocking the PDF processing. I recommend contacting them and see if they can provide you some error logs related to PDF.

The plugins and themes only rely upon the resources and feature provided by hosting environment.

You may also provide your admin and FTP login credentials in case we need to check the error.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.