Duplicate Search Results

Hello, my website www.tippinspies.com is having issues with its site search function. Basically, it shows the same result over and over again. For example, a search for “pie” should show a variety of results (since pretty much every page and post is about pie) but instead, it shows a single blog post 10 times. Please advise and thank you in advance.

Hello @GreaterGoodSolutions,

Thanks for writing in!

This is not happening in my test sites and this is not a known issue as well.

Can you try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case issue is still there, please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Let us know how it goes.

Hello,

I have the same issue. I got the many same posts in result list.
I use the last WP version.

Please help.
Thanks,
Jack

Hello @Prasant,

I found the problem is the Conerstone on last WP version.

Since I inactived the Conerstone, the search reasults would be normal.

Please check, thanks,
Jack

You’re most welcome, Jack.

Hi @GreaterGoodSolutions and @jackwutemp,

The Cornerstone Search feature was recently added to make Cornerstone V2 elements content available for WordPress search. But since it currently has a problem outputting the search results, you can temporarily disable it by adding this code in the child theme’s functions.php.

add_filter('cornerstone_enable_search', '__return_false');

How to Setup Child theme

That line or temporary solutions, in general, should be removed when an official fix is included in one of our releases. You can check the official solutions in our Changelog: https://theme.co/changelog

Hope that helps and we’re sorry for the inconvenience,

1 Like

Hi @friech,

I use your suggestion then the search function works normally now.

Thanks for your quick solution and help.
Best Regards,
Jack

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.