Dropdown Templates Missing

Hi! For some reason today all the x-templates are missing in the dropdown menu on posts and pages. Can someone help me sort this out? It just started today. Website: cavanaughbardo.com.

Also, the “text” editor has stopped working as well. Can’t switch visual or text.

Thanks!

Hello @zencracker,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Looks like you have not shared the website URL. Can you please share website URL for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

SorryCavanaughBardo.com

Hi There,

Thank you for the URL, but I can’t replicate the issue. The page templates are there, the visual and text tab is also there.

Please clarify how we can replicate the issue. Also, try clearing all your caching plugins, including the browser’s cache.

Cheers!

Hi - Sorry for any confusion. I just tried to create a “new” post and received only three available templates in the dropdown menu (elementor templates); none of them were x-templates. If you try to create a new post and you will see. Thank you. As to the “text” feature not working, it was a plugin issue now resolved.

Edit: the dropdown shows ONLY on Pages, not on Posts, to clarify.

Hi There @zencracker

Those templates are available for pages only. Available, post related layout options can be changed through X -> Theme Options -> Blog section.

For example, if you choose Global Layout Option,

That means you’re selecting the layout option, that you have set under X -> Theme Options -> Layout & Design -> Content Layout area.

Hope that helps.

Soory, but I looked into the x-ooptions-blog and there isn’t a setting for “use global layout” excdpt for the blog index posts page, not for individual posts. Can you please take a look? It’s not there. Thank you!

Hi There @zencracker

I have checked this on Integrity stack and I can confirm that the sidebar is displaying on individual posts when we select global content layout as mentioned above.

I also can confirm it’s not displayed on your site. I see you have a child theme setup, if you have done any child theme customizations, switch to your parent theme and test this issue further. Since you have a caching plugin enabled, you need to purge your server cache when testing your site or you can disable it temporarily.

Also try disabling your 3rd party plugins while you’re isolating your issue. Since you’re on your live site, we cannot do much tests. If you’re interested to setup a staging site for testing purposes, I suggest you to follow our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126).

Thanks!

Hi again. I have not been able to resolve this at all. Still, on the posts pages, the x-theme dropdown templates are not available. I have followed all your suggestions; would you have anymore insight into this to help? Thank you!

This identical problem has also shown up on our sister site sexanddessert.com using the same x-theme.

Hi again,

The templates dropdown is not available while creating / editing posts. It is only available in creating / editing pages. Here are the screenshots that will explain what you should see while creating a new post vs creating a new page.

Create a new Post:

Create a new Page:

As you see Page Attributes meta box is only available in pages while it’s not there in posts. So it’s normal not to have the templates dropdown in posts.

However to changes the layout of your posts just navigate to X > Theme Options > Layout & Design > Content Layout and select Content Left, Sidebar Right and then you’ll have the sidebar in your posts. Currently what’s happening is that you’ve selected Fullwidth in X > Theme Options > Layout & Design > Content Layout and you’re using Use Global Content Layout in X > Theme Options > Blog > LAYOUT that’s why you’re not seeing any sidebar. Just navigate to X > Theme Options > Layout & Design > Content Layout and select Content Left, Sidebar Right

This should help in displaying sidebar in posts.

Thanks for that! I wasn’t concerned about layouts with sidebar, I simply didn’t understand why I couldn’t use x-theme templates for posts. You’ve been very helpful!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.