Dropdown menu scrolling in navbar

Updated to X version 5.2.5 and the main menu items (which have two levels and functioned as drop-down menus) are now only displayed within the navbar and viewable when you scroll down in the navbar.
Want the menu to be available with the sub-menus to display on hover and to be scrollable and clickable. Have tried megamenu and UberMenu but both display still within the area of the navbar.

Hi,

Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Thank you.

URL is www.tradesmanroofracks.com.au
Site use the Renew stack.

Hello There,

Thank you for the URL. The issue is a result of the following custom CSS:

body .x-navbar {
    max-height: 110px;
    overflow-y: scroll;
}

Please remove it. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbX0132t4d

Hope this helps.

The suggested fix worked fine. Thanks for the help.
Will go back now and see where the change originated.
Bernie

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

You can check in Theme Options > CSS or Appearance > Customize > Custom > Edit Global CSS

Thanks

I am having issues with the main navigation not working across all browsers. It works fine on Chrome firefox and safari for mac and chrome on some windows 10 computers. It is not working on all windows 10 for chrome and not for windows 8.

The issue is, the nav does not dropdown on hover. is there a code suggestion that would fix this to work on all platforms?
Thanks

Hi @UTWebMarketing,

Thanks for writing around! Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript.

Thanks.

Everything is up to date and all cache has been cleared. the only thing, I do have some custom CSS for the blog.
Testing link below

Hi there,

I tried checking your site using Chrome on a Windows 10 computer and it seems to work fine.

Can you try loading the page in Incognito mode and see if it makes any difference?

Thank you.

I have tried everything.
It is working on some computers and not others, its really strange. if I gave you access, can you just double check the my CSS?

Hi again,

I also checked your site on Windows 10 system and it works on my end however I see a syntax error in Appearance > Customize > Custom > Edit Global Javascript that might be causing the problem. Please remove the script and test your site again.

Let us know how this goes!

I have removed the javascript, and tested it. It is still not working on all browsers. Any other suggestions?

Hi there,

I have rechecked your site and had 3 other colleagues in different locations check and the submenu on desktop are all working fine when you hover over the link items.

This works fine in major browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Edge on Windows 10.

You might only be having this issue specifically on your setup.

Please try the following:

1. Clear your browser and site cache thoroughly.
  2. Reinstall your browser
  3. Clear your DNS cache
  4. Restart your router

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.