Dropdown Menu Direction

Good day,
I’m using the Pro Theme with an Ethos stack. Can I change which direction a menu expands with the ‘dropdown’ element? i.e. Could we make it expand upward?

Also, graphic setup is enabled, but there is no option to change the icon! Is this an oversight?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) By default, it is in the bottom of the toggle icon. If you want to change it to display upward, please use this custom css

.x-menu.x-menu-dropdown.x-dropdown {
    bottom: 100%;
    top: auto;
}

2.) When you enable the menu item icon or image graphic, you will have to supply each icon or image in Appearance > menus by editing your selected menu. Please see the image below.

Hope this helps.

The CSS did not work but I have successfully changed the menu icon.

Hi,

You can try this code instead.

.x-menu.x-menu-dropdown.x-dropdown {
    bottom: 100% !important;
    top: auto !important;
}

I’m sorry to say that it didn’t work either. :frowning:

HI There,

Can you please send us your website URL and login details in a secure note so that we can suggest you better.

Thanks

Thank you. Here is the information.

Hello There,

Thank you for the credentials. The menu expands upward already. See this:

Please try to clear your browser cache if you are seeing differently from the screenshot. Let us know how this goes.

Hi @Lely,
Glad to hear it’s working on your end. It still will not function correctly on my end.

I’ve purged the WordPress and all browser cache. The behavior remains on 3 different devices.

HI,

Please remove this code in your Custom CSS

div {
    overflow: hidden;
}

That code will break a lot of thinks in your site.

Thanks

Hi @paul.r,
I don’t believe this code is in my global css.

Hi,

To fix the dropdown, you can add this in Theme Options > CSS

body .x-colophon div {
    overflow:visible;
}

Hope that helps.

1 Like

@paul.r
I think that did it. It’s working in the editor, but won’t show after launching page. This may be a cache issue because other content is affected.

UPDATE:
Apparently not a caching issue. Works fine now.

Glad to hear it,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.