Double scrollbars

Hey guys,

I know there are previous post about this issue. I seem to have a double scrollbar. Checked all plugins, read all posts and tried those solutions but haven’t succeeded to solve the problem. I must be missing something.

Do you mind checking what the problem is?
test.goedkopepicknicktafels.nl

Thank you very much!

Hello @VanderWalMedia,

Thanks for writing in!

I have checked your site and I do not see any double scrollbars.

I am noticing a JS error on the page. It is cause by a missing file:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () disable-terms-toggle.js

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response.

The error was caused by this code which I got from this forum:

function disable_wc_terms_toggle() {
	wp_enqueue_script( 'disable-terms-toggle', '/disable-terms-toggle.js', array( 'wc-checkout', 'jquery' ), null, true );
	wp_add_inline_script( 'disable-terms-toggle', "jQuery( document ).ready( function() { jQuery( document.body ).off( 'click', 'a.woocommerce-terms-and-conditions-link' ); } );" );
}

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'disable_wc_terms_toggle', 1000 );

I do have a double scrollbar in Chrome and Safari. How can I investigate this issue? I don’t know what to look for in Chrome inspector. All tps are welcome!

Hi @VanderWalMedia,

It’s kind of weird, but the cause is the last footer bar that contains Realisatie: Van der Wal Media. Could you try setting that footer bar’s height to auto instead of 2em?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yep. That’s it! Thank.

But how did you find it? I’ve seen more issues like this, but never the exact same thing that causes it. So I’m curious on how you investigate to find the cause?

Thanks. Very happy with the help and quick responses!

Hello @VanderWalMedia,

It seems that you have created bars and were hidden in some screen sizes. You can easily check it by using the responsive screen preview icon.

And you can show/hide the bar or any element by utilizing the “Hide During Breakpoint” option. To know more about it, please check it here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/hide-during-breakpoint-explained/17378

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.