Double scroll bar on bigger viewports

Hi there,

I’ve been building a website for our company, and although it appears correctly on my end (MacBook Pro 13" Retina and 21" monitor display) some people in the company have issues on their bigger monitors.

They say there’s a double scroll bar on the right side of the site which intermittently blocks scrolling whenever direction is changed between down/up.

Is there a way you can investigate and see what is causing this? Maybe an overflow issue?

Thanks a lot.
E

P.S. Will send URL in second message. Cheers

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

What screen size or device they are testing it on? I’m only seeing one scroll bar on both Windows and Mac.

Plus, the scrollbar will only appear if the content is bigger than the device’s screen (browser size). It has higher chance that there is no scrollbar in larger screens.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve asked a colleague and this is the setup on which he gets the issue:

Windows 10
Latest Chrome + Firefox browser (same issue)
Samsung monitor (4K) U28E590D, 28inch

Thank you,
E

Another colleague who also has the issue
His setup:

Mac OS Sierra
Chrome and Firefox (latest)
Sony playstation 24inch 3D monitor

Thanks a lot.
E

Hey there,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Thanks.