Double H1 on blog posts

Hi,

I have double H1’s on my blog posts. How do I get rid of them?

Hey @Kobber,

The first h1 is the Entry Title. This could not be edited so you need to change the other h1 which is a Headline element. Just change the Tag to h2 or something that’s available in the options.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian,

No, I want the entry title gone. I want to be in full control ;-).

Since the beginning of X this has always been an issue, and I don’t why it still is. At least there should be a checkbox - entry title on or off.

Hey Kobber,

Sorry I failed to notice that the text is the same in both h1s too and the other one is hidden.

The disable title option is only available for the Page post type. With the planned Layout Builder, that option will most probably not be needed anymore because you can build your own single and archive pages.

For now, the only way to change or remove the title is by overriding the theme’s _content-post-header.php template so you need to first be familiar with the best practices when customizing our themes. Here’s the guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205

You basically need to copy the _content-post-header.php file which is located inside wp-content/themes/pro/framework/views/[STACK] to the same directory in your child theme like wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/[STACK]. You can then edit the copied file and change the h1 tag to h2.

Hope that helps.

But I don’t want to change the H1 to H2. I want Pro to NOT create H1 by itself. I want it gone.

Hey Kobber,

Sorry, scratch the “changing h1 to h2” part. You can remove the entire line to remove the entry title.

If you mean remove the h1 permanently in our themes, that is not possible as most users don’t use the builder for posts so they need the Entry Title.

You can only opt to remove the entry title when the Layout Builder comes out since you can build your desired single and archive page structure.

Once the Layout Builder comes out, I’d recommend removing the custom or override template.

Thanks.

Fair enough.

I haven’t got a child theme installed, since I have very few changes. Would you recommend that I install a child theme before changing the above?

Hi Kobber,

Absolutely, please setup a child theme first, then copy the file _content-post-header.php from the parent theme to the child theme (see instruction above). Then edit that duplicate _content-post-header.php file on the child theme, not the one on the parent theme.

Cheers!

Hi,

I’ve copied the file and edited it and uploaded it to: wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/ (there’s no stack here), but it doesn’t work. I still have duplicate H1.

Hey Kobber,

You need to create the folder if it doesn’t exist. Since you’re using the Integrity Stack, you should create the integrity folder in the views folder like wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/integrity.

This was mentioned in the documentation.

Hope that helps.

Perfect! Thank you very much!

On behalf of my colleague, your are welcome :slight_smile:.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.