Double excerpts in posts index page Ethos

Hi there,

I have a question related to the posts indez page. It shouws double excerpts for different posts, do you know the reason? website: www.mountainrun.nl

Sander

Hi Sander,

The excerpt seems fine on my end:

Did you sort it out?

Regards!

Well it’s the same excerpt for 3 different posts?

Hi there,

Please kindly go to each post edit screen and from top right section click on the Screen Options and enable the Excerpt option there:

Then scroll down on the same page and you will see a new box called Excerpt available which the text you have mentioned is in there. Just change that text to whatever you want for each post:

Whatever you add in the excerpt box will show only on the blog listing page. But if you click on the Read More and go to the post itself you will see the actual content you added there.

Thank you.

Off course, thank you!

Small other question, do you know if i can remove the undelining in the recent posts, and delete the image box on hover?

Hi There,

Please add this custom CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:

.x-recent-posts a {
    text-decoration: none !important;
    border: none !important;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Yep, it helped, thank you.
Maybe I can also ask: If i only want to show the recent-posts on the blog pages, but not on the listing page, i suppose i need to create two sidebars? Or even create a seperate page for home that i can adjust?

thanks a bunch)

And can I also adjust the padding to 0px around the pictures in recent-posts?

Yes, you can create a separate sidebar for the blog page with the Unlimited Sidebar feature: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-unlimited-sidebars/95.

Please update the previous CSS to this:

.x-recent-posts a {
    text-decoration: none !important;
    border: none !important;
    padding: 0;
}

Let us know how it goes!

Hi, it goes very well thanks. Only after installing the x_child theme I cannot load the x_recent_posts shortcode, it does not show anymore. Any idea how to fix?

Hi There,

Did you have a custom code which overrided the recent posts shortcode? If yes, please try removing them then check again.

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

Hi yes see above

I added the sidebar on posts, which must show the recent_posts widget

Since you might be looking/while your at it: For custom CSS i still use a plugin outside of X. Two other questions: How to set the featured image and header on blog post to the same width as the blog itself? AND The Ethos footer doesn’t seem to work…hm

Hi there,

Wordpress reset the widgets when you activate another theme (even a child theme). The only solution on this is to re-add/assign your widgets, your widgets are still available in inactive widget section.

Would you mind clarifying your other questions? Some mockup design should be helpful. Do you mean to have a full-width image and title? I think you can do that by editing your post and go to Ethos settings section, then enable Index Featured Post Layout option, then choose Index Featured Post Size for skinny or big layout.

Thanks!

Hi I activated the blog sidebar widgets, but the recent posts is not showing:

For the featured image: I want to try to align the left side equal margin as the post text and images:

For the footer I’ve set it like this but it doesnt show:

Hi there,

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

You need to use the Recent Posts Widget and not adding the shortcode itself. I added the Recent posts widget to the Blog Sidebar and now it shows the list of the posts:

Please open up separate threads to follow up each case.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.