Dots below slideshow

I’m having problems creating slideshows on my homepages.
At www.hazytales.com

1. At top of homepages I’ve created a slideshow but it has left a big gap above it that I can’t remove?
  2. It also has dots below it and the arrow- how do I remove these.
  3. The slideshows at the bottom of the page I want to remove the dots but leave the arrows. These two were showing ok and then suddenly my they started to have a greyed on box around them?

4 on my images where I’ve created a grid design. https://hazytales.com/events/
To make the grid design (which you only see the design when viewing on a computer) work currently you have to align the images left. Which created the grids, but e wn though there are. Ow in lines they align to the left of the pages. I need to centre these. Can I also make those have a slight gap between them all as they are showing to close together?

1. On the homepages and only when viewing on a phone there is a number showing at the top and bottom of my page- how do I remove these?

Thanks, sally

Hello Sally,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) You are seeing gaps on the left and right side of the slider because you are using default page template. To eliminate those gaps, please edit your page and switch to Blank - No Container | Header, Footer page template. To know more about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

2.) The slider is a Jetpack slider module. You should be able to disable or check the option to disable it in JetPack Settings.

3.) Still, this is a Jetpack slider. We are not familiar with this slider. You might need to check the documentation instead:

4.) You are using an image block which were floated to the left. You cannot align them to the center. To align your images, I would highly recommend that you check out this documentation instead:

5.) I do not see any number on my end. Can you please send me a screenshot instead?

Best Regards.

That’s amazing thanks sooo much. I’ll work through all that now. The the number it doesn’t show on my computer only on my phone… these are two snapshots of top and bottom of screen. I should prob removed that little gold triangle in corner too?

Uploading…

Hi, Im just trying to work through it now. 1. I meant on the homepage above the top slideshow there is a big gap above it. Not the sides. Not sure how to remove that.

1. thanks, Id forgotten about the jetpack bit! Ive found this coding on this page - https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/remove-arrow-and-pause-buttons-from-slideshow-on-home-page/

this to remove buttons

.wp-block-jetpack-slideshow .wp-block-jetpack-slideshow_button-next, .wp-block-jetpack-slideshow .wp-block-jetpack-slideshow_button-prev {
display: none !important;
}

this to remove pause button

.wp-block-jetpack-slideshow[data-autoplay=true] .wp-block-jetpack-slideshow_button-pause {
display: none !important;
}

and this to move dots below

.wp-block-jetpack-slideshow .wp-block-jetpack-slideshow_pagination.swiper-pagination-bullets {
display: none;
}

WhenIve got my slideshow in the page - these is a block called additional CSS class. Ive tried putting them all in there but made no change. Tired putting them in appearance edit CSS but nothing seems to change it. I don’t have a clue really re CSS so not suer what Im doing wrong.

1. Image block - so you can have in block system but only aligned left, is there a d different way to do it then?

thanks for all your help

Sally

Now Ive added the coding its worked yay its seem to have made the slideshow a bit better, though still leaves a little thing in the corner. But now the slideshow doesn’t go over the full width so will have to change the page these like you said. Its says to change by -

Before we start looking into the multiple different page templates in X/Pro, you should know how to swap them, this can be done in one of two ways, either in the WordPress admin WordPress Dashboard > Pages > Edit page > Template

once I’m in the page I can’t find the ‘template’ option? thanks

Hello Sally,

Please check the screenshots below to see where the Page Template option is:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.