Do I have to use cornerstone?

It seems every time something updates cornerstone has a plugin issue, I CANNOT figure out why this keeps happening. I’ve already created a staging site which I thought was working until today. I’m at my wits in, this is the only url on my server that I constantly have the same issue with. Advice?

Hello Mickey,

Thanks for writing in!

As you are using X Theme, Cornerstone is a essential plugin to run X Theme. I checked the Production and Staging websites and can see you are using latest version of of X and Cornerstone. As you are facing issues using Cornerstone, please try out following solutions:

1. From Plugins > Installed Plugins please deactivate and delete Cornerstone. After that visit X menu in WordPress backend and doing so will automatically install latest version of Cornerstone. After that try editing the page using Cornerstone and see how it goes.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hey Mickey,

Yes. Third-party plugins are plugins that are not created or bundled by us.

Thanks.

Hello Mickey,

Regretfully the given credentials do not work for us.
Please double check.

Hello Mickey,

Thanks for updating the password. I have logged in and checked your site, I found out that you have installed LiteSpeed Cache. Please keep in mind that since you have installed LiteSpeed Cache, you will have to clear your plugin caches first right after you have updated Cornerstone and/or the Theme and other plugins before testing the site. Clearing the caches will make sure that the latest code from the update will be used by the server and not the cache version. The old cached version will always cause a conflict or issues later on.

Hope this helps.

Morning RueNel thank you for taking a look and your help.

That plugin is a drop-in from my server, when I update anything I always hit purge all as I thought that cleared all the caches. Thinking I may just deactivate it since obviously it’s not working.

I’m still at a loss with why cornerstone worked on the staging site & not the live url. I did everything the same?

Hello Mickey,

Please check your Server and Database settings in the link provided in the secure note. Make sure that you have meet the requirements to run the latest WordPress which you can find it here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

• Please update your PHP version to at least 7.2
  • Your MySQL needs to be 5.6
  • Increase your PHP time limit to at least 300s
  • nd check if you ModSecurity is turn ON. You might need to ask your hosting provider to whitelist the url in the secure note.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hello Mickey,

Thanks for writing in!

Please take a look at following resources:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Mickey,

Bingo! Here’s the error that keeping the Cornerstone to work on your site:

Error 403 FORBIDDEN usually means, The server understood the request but refuses to authorize it.

Here’s the culprit, the WP Cerber Security, Antispam & Malware Scan plugin is blocking the /cornerstone-endpoint/ because it is detecting it as if it is a bot.

One way of resolving it is to enable the Disable bot detection engine for logged in users option under WP Cerber > Anti Spam

I did go ahead and enable that, and the Cornerstone is working fine now.

Please keep in mind that we cannot really provide support for 3rd party plugins, if you have further query regarding the WP Cerber Security, Antispam & Malware Scan please direct it to the plugin Author.

Cheers!

1 Like