Disregard this post

Disregard this post please.

Hello @bluedotproductions,

Thanks for writing in and we’re glad to hear that you seemingly were able to resolve your issues. While you certainly don’t have to if you don’t wish, leaving your threads public and coming back to share an answer to a problem you encountered is often a very helpful resource to other users who might potentially run into the issue themselves. Again, you don’t have to if you don’t wish, but having that information out in the open is always helpful to other users down the road. :slight_smile:

Either way, we are very glad to hear things are in order for you now. Cheers!

Thanks @kory. What happened was this. I have a Legacy 4.4.2 theme with a LOT of custom templating, headers and footers with php code that works with Paid Memberships Pro for access control, nags, etc.

I want to stay on the upgrade path - so I updated to 5.2.4 (and also tried Pro) and found that I wasn’t able to use pro - as much of it’s GUI won’t load.

X 5.2.4 loads, and cornerstone works - but I got a double call of the wp_header() when in responsive mode of tablet & phone. We’re using a custom Buddyboss menu system for phones.

I thought last night that I should just bite the bullet, and update this complex theme to 5.2.4 in the new “standards”. However, I still haven’t figured out what triggers the legacy mode, and what one is supposed to do today with wp_header and the templates as your “best practice page” still shows the wp_header

Hi there,

Regarding the header customization, the files are moved to the new place, so wherever you have a customization you will need to move the files in the Child Theme to:

wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/

Also the same thing for the footers:

wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/footers/

I am not sure what to do with double wp_head problem you are experiencing using that 3rd party plugin.

Thank you.

Thanks for info.

How do I upgrade my existing headers and footers with the new X installation to keep on the path without using the legacy fallback?

How do I move forward with the new system according to best practices?

How long will you be keeping this legacy system?

Hello @bluedotproductions,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You just need to update the Theme to latest version and that will automatically update headers and footers. I suggest you to please refer our theme and plugin update guide as it has all the necessary details to help you get started and update theme seamlessly:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.