Displaying content when button is clicked

Hello,

Using xpro…

1. With xtheme pro is it possible to display HTML content in a lightbox when a button is clicked? (not using the convertplug)

2. Is it possible to display html content below a button when that button is clicked?

I’m not sure I’m trying to accomplish this the right way but the key thing is to use a button to display the html content.

Thank you

Hi,

1. You’ll need to kind of set this one up manually, but something like the following would give you what you’re after:
<div id="my-content">
  ...content here...
</div>

<a href="#my-content" class="lightbox-selector" data-type="inline">Click Me</a>

[lightbox selector=".lightbox-selector"]

So you’ll need to make sure to add a unique ID to the content you want to open up in the lightbox, then have a clickable link use that ID in the href attribute. You’ll also need to add a unique selector to the link via a class, which you’ll use with the [lightbox] shortcode.

1. You can try Content Area Dropdown Element

Hope that helps

Hello Thanks for this … #1) The lighbox - it seems like it “breaks” when trying to do anything within the lightbox that isn’t static text. I’ll include more information in the secure box about this with an example: #2) Is there a way to replace that circle with the 3 lines to a button short code when using the content area dropdown box?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

#1 ) Don’t use any custom modal for the light box. Use content area modal to show custom HTML in a light box. You can customize the button too.

#2) You can customize the button without adding short-code.

Please check the article, it will help you to customize the button. If that doesn’t help please post a screenshot what exactly you want to do with the button so that we can help.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the info - i’m trying to create a content area dropdown element that has a look like this and using the styling I can’t figure out how to change it from being round to being square … is it possible to make a preset that looks square and exactly like this?

Hi There,

You can make the button like this.
Just enable the text and disable the icon.

Remove height and width to make it auto.

Then adjust padding and border-radius.

thats all create it a button.

Thanks

1 Like

Perfect, got that, thank you!!

I went through that content drop down KB (maybe i missed it) but can you control the width of the content box?

Hi There,

Check the screenshot.

Thanks

Big help, thank you!