Display site tagline under site name

Hi guys

This is my site: http://www.broughtonschoolofmotoring.com/

I’d like to display the my site’s tagline under the site name - Broughton School of Motoring

Can’t see a setting. Can it be done with some CSS?

It’s ok. I’ve found the solution.

Glad to hear that.

What’s the solution?

Hi @lovere,

Thanks for writing around! You can add the following jQuery script in your Customizer via Appearance > Customize > Custom > Edit Global Javascript

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
	$('<div class="site-tagline">Your Text Here</div>').insertAfter('a.x-brand');
});

Don’t forget to clear your browser’s cache after adding the code. Let us know how this goes!

1 Like

Hi, I have added this script and the tagline is now showing. However, it is located above and to the right of my Logo. Is there anyway I can move it below the logo ?

Thank you very much.

Hi @firemillionaire,

As I checked your site, I could see that it is showing in the right place.

Please clear your site and browser cache before checking your site again.

Thanks.

Thanks Nico!

I have searched on the internet and was able to figure out how to place it in the right place.

I am also using SEO yoast, and it’s saying it’s still using a default tagline. I am wondering if this is only a quick fix and will affect my SEO performance?

Thank you!

Hi @firemillionaire,

Happy to hear that you have figured it out. There is an another fix however it is quite a customization. You could check the link below for more details on how to customize it.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi,

Following this thread I’m trying to put a tagline under my Site Name. I’ve tried inserting the code,

$('

Results Proven Tips And Advice For Novice Lifters
').insertAfter(‘a.x-brand’);
});

But what is ‘a.x.-brand’ mean? When I insert the above code I’m getting 6 different errors that CSS identified. My website is www.rhodestostrength.com.

Thank you!

Hi,

You need to add it in Theme Options > JS instead of Theme Options > CSS

Then please change your code with this

$('<p class="site-tagline">Results Proven Tips And Advice For Novice Lifters</p>').insertAfter( 'a.x-brand' );
});

Hope this helps