Display issue

My page is no longer displayed correctly, how can I fix this?

Hey @est_l22,

We’re sorry to hear your page is broken. There are a lot of third-party factors that could break a website though and our theme is only a part of the whole WordPress system.

Checking your site, I see that you’re using an old X and Cornerstone version and the version numbers don’t go together. The latest version of X and Cornerstone also go with the latest versions of WordPress so if you’ve update WordPress and stayed with old version of themes and plugins, that could cause compatibility issues.

X and Cornerstone are released in pairs. You can check the version pairs in our Changelog or our Version Compatibility list.

With that said, please ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

Here is a list of third-party factors that often cause display issues on a website.

• Caching and Optimizations in General. I’m not saying you should not optimize your website. Every WordPress user must be aware of this and their correct usage though. Below are the steps to troubleshoot if the issue is caused by caching and optimizations.
  1. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches then temporarily deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. Also, clear your browser cache.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and temporarily disable optimization services.

3. Third Party Plugins and Custom Code.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. If you’ve added custom CSS and Javascript anywhere on your site. Please temporarily remove them.

Only if none of that helps, please give us the URL of the page having the display issue and also a screenshot of what you’re seeing. Then, give us the following information in a Secure Note so we could check your setup.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin Level Username and Password.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.