Display Date Under Title (Blog)

Hello,
I want to display the date under my post title.
I’ve been using this method: https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/how-do-i-add-the-publish-date-under-the-title/
But it doesn’t work…

I’m trying to show it on this page:

This page is a custom php template; however, it is using the themeco css method.
Here’s the custom php for this page:

<?php get_header(); ?>
<div class="x-container max width offset">
  <div class="<?php x_main_content_class(); ?>" role="main">
    <div class="cursive"> <h2 class="change"><?php echo get_cat_name(1026);?></h2></div>
    <p><?php echo category_description(1026); ?> </p>
            <?php // Display blog posts 
$temp = $wp_query; $wp_query= null;
$wp_query = new WP_Query(); $wp_query->query('cat=1026&showposts=4&paged=' . $paged);
while ($wp_query->have_posts()) : $wp_query->the_post(); ?>
        <?php x_get_view( 'integrity', 'content', 'page' ); ?>
        <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_comments-template' ); ?>
      <?php endwhile; ?>
<div class="nav-previous alignright"><?php next_posts_link( 'Older posts' ); ?></div>
<div class="nav-next alignleft"><?php previous_posts_link( 'Newer posts' ); ?></div>

</div>
  </div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

As you can see, it’s calling the <?php x_get_view( 'integrity', 'content', 'page' ); ?>
I went through the file x > framework > views > integrity > _content-post-header.php and content-page.php . I tried to add the code < span class ="entry-date" > <?php echo get_the_date(); ?> </ span > below <h1 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>, but that doesn’t seem to display it.

Any ideas?

Hi There,

I can see you do have caching. Note to clear cache after update of the code so the latest code should be in use. If the issue persist, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Yeah, I cleared the cache and it’s still not appearing.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials but the FTP did not work. I did login to your admin dashboard to check the file _content-post-header.php but I did not see that file on your child theme. I see custom templates, the line of code that you provided above works on my end.

<span class ="entry-date"> <?php echo get_the_date(); ?> </span>

While we’re happy to provide solutions involving custom code, we’re unable to implement them on your site. This snippet has been confirmed to work with X out of the box, but there could be conflicts with any other customization you have in place. Reconciling these changes gets into custom development, which is outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to fully implement this for you.

Thank you for understanding,

Hello,
I think I figure out the problem.
I download a plugin that remove the display of the author and the date. So that probably conflict it.
Thanks!

You’re welcome.

Hi There,

It seems you have update this thread but I am not sure if you still have questions and issues. Can you clarify if everything is not sorted out? Thanks.

Hello~
I fixed the problem. It was initially a plugin that someone installed that override the code.

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

Cheers!