Display Caption on the gallery images

Hey,

I would like to show a caption (on the image or beside the image) of the images in my gallery.

How can I do that?

Thanks,
B

Hi B,

Thank you for the screenshot. Can you share your the exact page URL with gallery so we can check your setup?

Hey Lely,

Thanks for responding again.
The URL: https://jrp.si/projects/3d-sensor-for-bikefitting/
Can you see it? Or do I have to turn of UnderConstruction?

Hey B,

We couldn’t see the page. The under-construction mode must be turned off.

Based on your screenshot though, it looks like you’re using Ethos Portfolio or your page is a Single Portfolio page. The Featured Image and Featured Gallery do not support or will not show the image caption. It would require custom development to integrate it which is outside the scope of our theme support.

If you’re a developer or have a developer working closely on your project, you can install a child theme and with that, you can override the featured image or featured gallery functions. Both functions can be found in the featured.php file which is located inside wp-content/x/framework/functions/frontend.

To override the functions, you basically just need to copy the functions from the parent theme and paste them in the functions.php of the child theme.

For the Featured Image, you will want to add the WordPress the_post_thumbnail_caption function like in the screenshot below.

For the Featured Gallery, you will want to add the WordPress wp_get_attachment_image function like in the screenshot below.

Again, please just note that theme customization is outside the scope of our theme support. We will not support issues that will arise from custom codes nor will we enhance them.

I will post this as feature request though so maybe our developers will include the caption in future versions of our themes.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Hmm. Ok.
Is there some other option to solve this?
Does Envira Library have an option to display the gallery as seen on the printscreen. I tried Envira just for short, but could not find the same “slider” option to display the gallery.

Thanks.
B

Hi Barbara,

The Envira Gallery has the Slideshow add-ons, but that is an addon not part of the Envira Gallery extension with the theme, so you need a standalone license for Envira Gallery if you want that addon.

If you need a slider gallery, try the Soliloquy Extension instead.

Happy New Year,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.