Disappearing Sidebar Content

Good evening,

1. There is a sidebar named “Register for Access” which is supposedly enabled on a “Register” page and a “Register for Access” page. It houses a cart widget which is also on the “Condo Intel” page (vi a sidebar widget) and working in that location. Unfortunately, I cannot get the sidebar to display. It is crucial this be fixed as it is the only places customers can edit their orders before checkout.

Thank you,
J

Hi J,

You need to be more descriptive and give detailed information with links to the pages in question and screenshots to make sure we understand the problem.

The standard way of adding sidebar stuff is to go to Appearance > Widgets and add the widgets to the Main Sidebar position which will show on all pages.

But if you want to have the sidebar for a specific page then you need to follow the steps mentioned in the article below:

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Please allow me to be a little bit more detailed.

I have created a sidebar named “Condo Intel” and enabled it on the left side of: https://denverhighriseliving.com/condo-intel/. This is great. However, a shortcode is the only way for me to currently get the cart widget from that sidebar to display on the checkout page here: https://denverhighriseliving.com/condo-intel/register-for-access/. When I add the cart widget, it refuses to display on the sidebar set up on the checkout page, labeled “Register for Access” I would really like to see the exact same widget on the checkout page. Is that possible?

Thank you,
J

I see. That is not possible. The WooCommerce Cart shortcode was designed to be used for the Cart Page and not displayed in the sidebar. The display was designed to be a linear process from Add to Cart > Cart Page > Checkout. For this, you will need to find a third party plugin that can display the cart information in the shop page.

Thank you for understanding.

So are you saying if I were to move the cart widget onto the sidebar of the cart page it should display there? I tried that too and it also doesn’t seem to be working.

Thank you,
J

No. The WooCommere Cart shortcode should not be used in the sidebar as it was meant to be placed in the page’s content. Though it works, in other pages when placed in a sidebar, it is not guaranteed to work in the checkout page. Please contact WooCommerce support to get more information and if it is possible to display in the checkout page.

Thanks.

I understand that the WooCommerce shortcode shouldn’t be used there, but ae you saying that the cart widget also cannot display on the cart of checkout pages?

Yes. It’s not limited to Pro. I just tested other themes and the behavior is the same. Please contact WooCommerce Support maybe they could give you a detailed explanation as to why cart details won’t display in checkout.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.