Disappearing Menu in X - The Theme

Header menu appears in X -The Theme Customizer, then quickly disappears. Menu does not appear at all on desktop version of website outside of Customizer. Similar problem with hamburger menus in mobile formats, except that the “hamburger” at least appears before its menu quickly disappears after clicking it.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! You seem to have a caching issue since you have installed WP Fastest Cache. Please clear your plugin cache and regenerate the minified files. It is best that you exclude the theme’s JS/CSS files because they are already minified. Doubling the minification of these files will result to an issue.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,
I know how to delete the existing cache (and I do it whenever I make a change to the site), but how do I “regenerate the minified files”?
Thanks

Hi Again,

In the WordPress Fastest Cache options, should I hit just “Delete Cache” or hit “Delete Cache and Minified CSS/JS”?
Would that “regenerate the minified files”?

Also, should I uncheck the options to “Reduce HTML requests through combined js files” for the header and footer?

Hello There,

Yes, please delete cache and regenerate css/js minified files. We only recommend to combine css/js files because minifiying the js/css files multiple times may result to a future issue.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I reset all my WP Fastest Cache settings as recommended by:
The Ideal WP Fastest Cache Settings (Updated 2017) With MaxCDN And Cloudflare Instructions For Faster Load Times
BY TOM DUPUIS 71 COMMENTS | LAST UPDATED SEPTEMBER 5, 2017

I hit Delete Cache and Minified CSS/JS.

I deleted a Kraken Image Optimizer plugin that was not needed because WP Fastest Cache has an image optimizer.

Because I checked the option “Don’t show the cached version for desktop to mobile devices”, the “hamburger” menu is now visible on my iPad, but still flashes and then disappears on my iPhone and Android.

It is still not visible at all on my Mac desktop.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hello There,

I am not sure if we are on the same page. Is lawyer ball, the site in questioned?

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hi,

Your site has a very old version of the theme. I suggest you upgrade to latest version.

See Manual Updates section

Make sure to create full back up before updating.

For the mean time, you can try adding this in Customizer > Custom > CSS

@media (min-width: 980px) {

.x-nav-collapse.collapse {
   display:block;
}

.x-navbar .x-nav > li > a {
     height:auto !important;
}

}

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.