Disable title for post or custom post type

Is it possible to not show the post title for individual posts and custom post types? On pages, under page settings, there is an option to “disable page title”. I’d like to do this posts and custom post types. Are these setting from x-theme?

Hello @Parkinson_Canada,

Thanks for posting in! Disabling the page title is only available for the pages. Regretfully there isn’t a feature that offers the same option for the posts. It might be possible with custom development to modify the display of the post titles. Please keep in mind that this request is beyond the scope of our support as this is not related to an issue with the theme and instead has to do with your customization of it. As such, you will need to investigate this particular issue on your own or seek help from a developer should you not feel comfortable making these changes yourself.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any documentation on the landmark header template in general? I assume this is what I’d have to work with.

Hi There @Parkinson_Canada

The template that you need to customize is _content-post-header.php which is under your current stack.

For example, if you’re using the Renew stack, you can locate the file under:
/wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/renew/_content-post-header.php

Then you need to copy the template file into your child theme’s respective location and customize it accordingly. If you don’t have a child theme already, you need to setup a child theme and activate it first (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57).

Note: We can only provide a general guideline on customization requests. So I would suggest you to contact a developer, if you require in-depth customizations.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.