Disable Site Title

I’ve analyzed my website with Ahrefs stating I have duplicate H1 header on all my pages, the site title is taken as a copy on every page (not great for SEO). I would like to remove this.

I’ve tried CSS methods as suggested in the forum but it doesn’t work. I replaced the logo with an image but still same. Only leaving the site title as blank works, but that’s not ideal for Google search :slight_smile:

What can I do?

Hello @robinblixt,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I see that on one of the website you are using Custom headline element. https://cl.ly/1D2P3H422V05. You can select a different heading level other then H1.

Please let us know if that’s what you are looking for.

Thanks.

Hi there…

It’s for baliswim.com

And it’s taking the site title - not talking about the custom headline element

Hi There,

Thanks for the details.

H1 is also added in the brand section (logo). Please edit this file \framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global\_brand.php and remove this line

<?php echo '<h1 class="visually-hidden">' . $site_name . '</h1>'; ?>

Then copy that file to your child theme of the same folder structure (eg. \x-child\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global)` to make sure it’s not going to be overwritten by future updates.

With that process, the 2 will become 1, and 1 become 0, hence, you’ll have to add your own H1 to pages with 0 H1.

Thanks!

What do you mean by this? Will I have to create H2 on every page then that becomes H1 because there’s a lack of H1?

So, all H1 on each page I’ll have to adjust to H2?

Wouldn’t that be reflected in SEO as just H2 on the page then?

Hi there,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. You will need to add a Child Theme and copy the file below:

wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/_brand.php
to:
wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/_brand.php

You will need to add the necessary folders on the Child Theme. After that please delete this line of the code in the newly copied file:

<?php echo '<h1 class="visually-hidden">' . $site_name . '</h1>'; ?>

That will make sure that you will get rid of the h1 tag which is added to all the pages in the log section.

Now you will have the h1 tag only used in the site title by the theme. Now, whenever you want to have your h1 tag and not the theme generated one you need to go to the page in question and disable the page title in the page settings:

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.