Disable font awesome request

Hey there,
I’d like to disable the font awesome request completely, strip it from the the theme at best. I only use it a single time in my footer and this icon is going to be replaced my an .svg of mine. I know that it is not recommended, but I don’t mind loosing this functionality.
Thanks for your help guys!

my page: https://zerotoone.de/

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! We do not recommend performing this action. Please follow this post for more details (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/can-i-remove-disable-font-awesome-request/9464/3?u=mldarshana).

Thanks!

thanks for the link, but this did not help. In the thread you send me, the staff does not explain the process of removing font awesome

Hi there,

You can’t remove it, it’s part of the core. You can remove the files through FTP, like /framework/fonts/font_awesome/ and cornerstone\assets\dist-app\fonts. But it will not disable the requests, the requests are still there but with 404.

@font-face only loads font files if they are needed on the page. Another approach would be to override any styles that apply font-family: "FontAwesome"; using custom CSS.

Thanks!

but the core can be manipulated by me, there is a line of code somewhere that requests this file

Hi there,

Sure, you can do that too but please note that update could overwrite it again. Should be under this files

cornerstone\assets\dist-app\css\cs.css
cornerstone\assets\dist-app\css\preview.css
cornerstone\assets\dist\css\site\style.css
\framework\css\dist\site\stacks{YOUR SELECTED STACK}.css

And it’s similar to this

@font-face { font-family: 'FontAwesome'; src: url("../../dist-app/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot?v=4.7.0");

Thanks!

thank you very much! I tried to delete the files you gave me, but the request for the font was still there.

Hi again,

It looks like you’re using Rocket Loader, please clear all cache and check your site again.

Let us know how this goes!

I deleted the all files you gave me, only the lines with “fontawesome” were deleted in
\framework\css\dist\site\stacks{YOUR SELECTED STACK}.css
cache of my wprocket plugin was cleaned and refilled again, no change, the font is still requested

Hi There,

I only saw two 2 google fonts are loading on your website and didn’t see the FontAwesome.

Could you please double check?

Thank you.

I fixed it by getting the font awesome icon out of my footer

Glad you’ve fixed it.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.