Different sidebar for pages and blog posts

Hi, I’ve got a simple site using Pro and Renew child.

https://storytellingschools.com/

The main pages are using the main sidebar with 2 text widgets. I’ve set the Posts page to the blog page I created (Appearance > Reading). I’ve created a new sidebar (Blog) that has Latest Posts and Calendar widgets and checked the 2 boxes Child Page Display (Enable parent page sidebar on child pages) and
Blog Display (Enable sidebar on blog index page) found under Appearance > Sidebars.

I can’t get the Blog sidebar to appear on the individual posts pages. How do I achieve this?

Also, is it possible to have both the main sidebar and the blog sidebar appear one under the other in the Blog pages without making a duplicate of the main sidebar content in the Blog sidebar?

Finally, the top navigation shows the “Blog” as the currently selected page only for the main blog index page. If you go to any other blog page (single page, archive, category, etc) then the navigation doesn’t show this, i.e. it loses the “current-menu-item” class. It does however get the class “current_page_parent” - can I use this somehow to highlight that the “Blog” menu is the current section when showing these blog entries?

Thanks

Hey Keith,

You will need to assign your sidebar to each individual post also. I recommend that you use the default or Main Sidebar for this so you don’t have to assign individually.

Adding different sidebars is not possible out of the box. This would need custom development which is outside the scope of our support.

For the navigation, please update to the latest version of Pro as you can now turn on Current and Ancestor Links in the Navigation Inline.

To avoid update issues, please follow this guide.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.