Destruction of all my old global blocks that are just gone!

All the old global blocks are now showing up on my pages as ‘[global_block block=”10057″] or whatever global block is WAS and there are lots of them!’ without the global block I created. My pages are filled with those! What a mess and I am so angry at this. We are talking hours upon hours of rewrite and moving to the new global blocks!.

Hi @siball,

Thank you for writing in, but sorry we have not received the same issue as you describe, it could be specific to your site setup, please do the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. While you’re at it, please deactivate this caching feature while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Contact your hosting provider to increase your allocated memory limit or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
```

You can add it before the line:

```
/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
```

After doing all this and the issue still persists, please clarify the issue and provide us the site URL and credentials in a **Secure Note** so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

One initial issue… I do not know how to ‘clear all caches’ or even where!. I can clear my cache on my chrome browser but if there is somewhere else I do not know how. I am up to date on everything…plug-ins, wordpress, and x… I just rechecked!

I do not have that line in my wp-config.php file. Also I go changing that file and I will wreck my page and then where will I be. I shouldn’t have to change my config file! Your job is give me a theme that works!. The global blocks that are all still listed as ‘global-blocks’ are now (or at least some!) are in X Global Blocks and written as cs_gb. I don’t even have as an option to find the old ‘global_blocks’! If someone uses the only global blocks in X now…the cs_cb, where did all there old 'global_block’s go? Someone else must have had this issue.

I recreated all the old global_blocks(which are nowhere at all anymore anywhere except the words themselves on my pages… can’t for the life of me figure out how on earth you can just change the name of something and end up making something else obsolete!) All of this on my pages: [global_block block=“xxxxx”]. They are all now into [cs_gb id=xxxxx]. I am not sure if this is the 16th hour or more that I am going through my pages to replace your obsolete global blocks with ones that work. So don’t worry about the answer anymore. But there will be more… because I now have a mobile menu that does not close!.. you people.

Hello @Siball,

Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.