Desktop visualization

Good morning,
I’d like to ask you if there is a rapid solution to insert a link “Desktop Visualization” (in the footer, for example) in order to permit from the mobile phone the visualization of the website as it is visualized in the PC, because I have more than one widget in my desktop visualization that there aren’t in the mobile phone visualization. Of course, only if a person want to see my site in the desktop version.
Thank you so much.

Hi Patrizia,

Thank you for writing in, but regretfully I am not entirely certain of your issue. Would you mind to clarify what is the issue with your footer widget instead so we can take a closer look and suggest a solution. Please provide us the page URL as well.

Cheers!

Hi Friech,
sorry for my english.
I have uploaded now an example: the footer of Amazon, but the same thinks you can see in many newspaper in Italy. If you see the last sentence (inside a red circle), it is the possibility for the user to switch from the App Amazon to the Desktop Visualization. It’s important, sometimes, because you can see some think that there aren’t in the App version.
In my web site I have canceled many widget in the App visualization (in the mobile phone), but that I can see in my desktop visualization (on my PC). I’m talking about some widgets in my page named “Hagar Blog”. Now, I’d like to insert a sentence, as Amazon does, in my footer, where I write in italian: “Vai alla visualizzazione desktop”, for example, so a person can see my website as it is in my PC, complete, and not only as it appears in the mobile phone (app visualization), if he wants, of course.
Thank you so much.

Hi Patrizia,

Thank you for the clarification.
Adding a link is easy. There’s a button element that you can design to whatever you like and link it to any site or link. The issue is, are they the same URL/domain? There’s no function on the theme that can check whether you are using the PC version or app visualization. That should be on your host or a custom function.

Hi Lely,
thank you. Do you mean that it is impossible? There isn’t any function that permit to visualize a desktop visualization insted of the mobile phone visualization?
Thank you so much.

Hey Patrizia,

That is not possible or there is no function in our theme for that. That’s also for complex websites or for old non-responsive websites.

Our themes are responsive or uses modern responsive design. That means it changes layout per screen size so there’s no need for a desktop and app version. Depending on your setup, it transforms to the mobile layout automatically.

Our themes do have 5 screen size preview modes so you can see what your site will look like on desktop, tablet and phone screens. You can activate the screen size preview within Cornerstone or even Theme Options.

You’ll then get this screen size preview buttons.

To know more features available in our themes, please check our our Knowledge Base

Hope that helps.

Okay, thank you so much

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.