Design is off

Hi there,
I checked my website today and the design is all off.

Used to have Inner Container in all the sections but now the entire content is stuck to the edges of the page.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Hi there,

Thank you reaching out to us. I checked your site and I see you’re using WP Rocket and the content in your site is being served by the cache. please clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins and see if this resolves the issue.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how this goes!

Hi there,

I did clear cache using the WP Rocket plugin but the design still seems to be un-changed.

Furthermore, I’ve noticed it in another website we have already - https://hightower.co.il/

Everything’s updated, cache cleared… not sure what else I can do.
It appears that the inner container option in the content bands / rows has disappeared…

Please advise,

Cheers

Hi There @liorgo81

In that case, could you please further test your issue by following the guidelines below.

1. Remove all of your custom CSS rules temporarily and test your issue further.

2. If you’re using a child theme on your sites, switch to your parent theme and test your issue.

3. Disable all of your 3rd party plugins except Visual Composer, Cornerstone and test your issue further. Also I would suggest you to disable any caching while you’re testing.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

what troubles me is that it’s in more than one website.
So I’m not really sure what could be the problem when you refer to CSS in this particular website…

And it happened to both on the same day, so… could it be related to an updated or something?

here are the two of them:

In the meantime I’ll try what you suggested, just concerned when deactivating and removing CSS rules etc. :grimacing:

Thanks,

Hi There,

I’ve checked your websites and they look good on my end:

Could you please tell us which pages you’re facing the issues?

Thank you.

Hi there,
I’ve tried everything you suggested but nothing worked.
Not sure why it looks good for you but on this end (and our clients’ unfortunately), it’s really not looking well.

I’m positive there used to be an “inner row / container” in the builder but that seems to not be there any longer and I’m pretty sure (as far as I can be) that it’s related.

Here’s how things look on our end:
You can see the content is stretched without any padding between the page’s borders and the content. Text, images, videos…

This is super urgent so I would definitely appreciate all you can do asap.

Thanks in advance,

Hi There,

Please navigate to WPBakery Page Builder > General Settings > enable the Legacy X Integration:

If it doesn’t help, please provide us with your admin account so we can take a closer look.

Thank you.

That created a whole new set of problems… so I had to disable it.

Sending you a secure note with both website’s login detail

Hello There,

Thanks for updating the thread.

To be on the safer side, I suggest you to setup a staging server and copy the website files over there and then update the website. In case any issue comes up, same can be looked at without affecting the live website.

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

After that please provide us with your WordPress admin, FTP account of your staging website.

Thank you.

OK, this will take me a while to set up and it’s super urgent, so if you could please go ahead and use the admin details that i gave you to have a look.

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

Sorry but this is outside the scope of support that we offer.
You need to do it yourself or seek help from a developer should you not feel comfortable making these changes yourself.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi there,

Perhaps I wasn’t clear:slightly_smiling_face:

I didn’t mean that you would build the dev environment I just meant that you don’t have to wait for it to be done. You asked for the accounts’ details. I provided you with them. Please go ahead and use them to see within the dashboard what the problem is.

Thanks in advance,

Hey @liorgo81,

We’re very sorry for the confusion and the back and forth in this thread. This issue was posted under the FAQ section in our latest Release Notes. I’d recommend that you make yourself aware of the details of the update. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-3-x-6-3-cornerstone-3-3/44607

If you still encounter issues or new issues after enabling that option, it would be best to open a separate thread and then post a link to this thread for reference.

I’d also recommend that you please test updates in a staging site in order to avoid interrupting your live sites’ operation with breaking changes.

Thanks.

Hi there,

In Hightower the Enable feature isn’t only not working - but creating a whole new set of problems with scrolling issues and missing content (media to be specific).

Could you please use the account details I’ve given above and see what the problem might be?

I’m giving you permission to just go ahead - this is super urgent ! ! !

Thanks in advance,

Hey @liorgo81,

I’ve logged in to your site and tested my suggestion and that worked. Please see the video in the secure note.

Now I just noticed that the grid isn’t displaying when you enabled the Legacy X Integration. That is a new issue. And because this is super urgent, I disabled the Legacy X Integration and added this code in Theme Options > CSS just so your site would look normal again. You can reduce the percentage value if you need to.

.vc_column_container > .vc_column-inner {
    width: 80%;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

That is however, not optimal and we need to get to the root cause of the issue and report to our development team.

Please copy your site to a staging server if you have the time so we could troubleshoot without interrupting the operation of your site or worse, accidentally breaking something. Troubleshooting would include deactivating third party plugins.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.