Description / Additional Info Tabs on Single Product

Hi there X,

So, I need a little help understanding how to set up the Single Product Pages. This is where I am at:

I have created the product, added the images, entered the short description and the long description.

I have then enabled on Customiser and X Options the tabs for Description, Additional Info ect - all are active except reviews.

The image gallery and short description loads well - no problems. However the problem I am having is that no tabs are appearing for additional information ect - I have tried to see where I could or should add/edit this information on the back end but - no idea. With the description filled in on the back end this is what I get:

Should I have other tab options appearing?

I have worked out that I can work around it by then adding a section via cornerstone and placing an accordin in the section. I then get this:

But I just want to check if there is a better way to do doing this?

I searched the previous posts here and saw that someone has there product page like this:

How did they do that? Lol - Sorry, I am a beginner!

And if the Accordin is the right way to manage this - is there a way to control the Accordin better, I would want to:

1. Make it so that when someone opens one section of the accordin, the previous open one closes (I have too much info in each tag, it looks messy if all remain open)

2. Be able to control the colour of each tab of the Accordin? (I dont see many options for styling it in cornerstone)

3. Change the text “Description” to something else that appears on the top of the section.

I will wait patiently for your words of wisdom!

Cheers, Nicky

Hi there,

The Additional Information will only be available if your product has a weight, dimensions or Attributes. You can add attributes in the product data section in the backend:

Thank you.

Hi X,

Thanks for the reply. I have managed to figure out how to change the word “Description” to "More Information"that appears at the top of the panel in a product.

But am not sure how to modify the size and color of the font. I want to increase the size and change the color.

Can you help me out with that?

Cheers,

So, actually Im not sure I have modified the Description to More Information in the best way.

This is the code I put in php - ( I sourced it from another discussion on here, I was given by a staff member)

function update_product_tabs( $tabs ) {

$tabs['description']['title'] = 'More Information';    

return $tabs;

}
add_filter( ‘woocommerce_product_tabs’, ‘update_product_tabs’, 98 );

And, while it is changing the description to more information, when creating a new product this is the message is receive:

I am actually still able to adda section and place the accordion element, however I feel unsettled leaving it as it.

So - hope fully you can help me out with both things - the font size/color and changing the text.

Cheers

Hi there,

It seems that the original request is changed, and you know want to have the Description changed to More Information. If that is the case please add the code below to functions.php file of your Child Theme:

function custom_text_translate($translated) { 

$translated = str_ireplace('Description', 'More Information', $translated);

return $translated; 
}

add_filter('gettext', 'custom_text_translate' );

For the font size I really need to have access to the product page to see the code live on my browser and using the Developer Toolbar of my browser to find the best CSS code you can use for this case:

Kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Also, kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

HI X,

Thank-you for the code to change the “Description” Label, it works perfectly.

As for changing the font size of the Tab Label - I managed to find in another thread some code that is working for this.

.x-nav-tabs>li>a {
font-size: 18px;
font-weight: 600;
color: #f7f7f7 !important;
background-color: #444444 !important;
box-shadow: 5px 5px !important;
}

I have been able to control more than just the Font Size so that’s great, the 2 codes together are doing the job.

And I apologies for a long thread, I do understand the idea behind creating new threads to make it easier to answer and search, however I did not change my request. I actually asked for help regarding this in my very first post on the thread as it was directly related to the tab issue. However there was no response to those questions.

Cheers for the help, until next time!

Glad that you have managed to achieve your goal :slight_smile:

And we totally understand about the following up the same case for the same thread :slight_smile:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.