Demo theme in short code not cornerstone

Hello! Just working on a site and using the food truck demo although 3 pages load only in short code rather than Cornerstone. When I open in cornerstone it goes blank. Is there a way to to have this in cornerstone so I can edit more easily? I updates some by code already but…painful

Hello @businessbackpacker,

Thanks for writing in!

If the page is created using Cornerstone then the content should load and work fine. Pages that’s having issues are the demo content pages? In case pages are created in Cornerstone or they are demo content pages then please try out following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hey @businessbackpacker,

I imported the Food Truck demo in my test site and I’m able to edit all demo pages in Cornerstone. This means that the problem is not our demo but the pages’ Cornerstone builder data no longer exists in your database.

Here are the possible causes that could empty a Cornerstone page (not just our demo pages).

1. Incomplete migration or migrating a site without including the serialized post meta data. Here’s the correct Migration instruction: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126/1
  2. Someone or something (probably a third-party plugin) edited the content outside Cornerstone.

There is no way to retrieve the Cornerstone builder data except you revert your site from a previous working state.

Otherwise, try importing the Food Truck demo again. If you’ve not renamed the pages, it will be overridden by the demo import so if you wish to preserve your current page edits, rename and change the slug of the pages like Contact to Contact Old and example.com/contact to example.com/contact-old.

Hope that helps.

This is a huge problem because then I lose all of my setup details. Colors buttons links etc… is it possible for you to simply add or upload the correct pages to the existing configuration? I tried and it wiped everything so then i halved to resort to a backup to restore. Just need cornerstone to work on About Menu and Contact.
Even if i rename them yea it works on a reinstall but then i lose a full days work of programming everything else and have to start over from nothing w theme options.

Hello @businessbackpacker,

I am not sure if the issue is actually related to the import of the Food Truck demo because you were able to edit the pages you have mentioned. Usually the issue happens when the Cornerstone content is edited out of Cornerstone which causes a problem with the serialize data that is stored in the database that is important for Cornerstone.

If the changes you have done are mostly in the Theme Options, you can try downloading the current Theme Options setup you have. You can do this from the X panel of your admin area then export your site’s setting through the Theme Options Manager:

Once you export your current settings, you will get a file that when you use to import it in other X site will automatically set the settings of the Theme Option based on the site where it is downloaded from.

However, it would be best to setup another test site first before doing anything then do all the testing from there so yo can import again the demo then after that, also import the Theme Options settings using the file you previously exported.

Hope this helps.

Ok great thanks I’ll try that!

Yes sure, do let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.