Demo import failed

I’ve been trying all day to get the Agency demo content imported, and every single time it fails.

Things I’ve tried already:
-Added the following code to my wp-config.php file

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

-Added this to my wp-config.php file:

set_time_limit(300);

-Made sure Cornerstone was installed
-Deactivated all plugins except for Cornerstone
-Uninstalled and reinstalled X theme
-Uninstalled and reinstalled Wordpress entirely from my site

Nothing so far has worked. I have previously used X theme and imported demo content with no problem, and I can’t understand why suddenly it won’t work with this project. Please help!

Hello @MaryNadal,

Thanks for writing in! You seem to have tried all the troubleshooting and still, it does not work. Have you checked your server settings? Please make sure that you have met the requirements to run the latest Wordpress. You can check it right here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings and resolve your issue? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Hello,
I believe I have met all the requirements. I’ve added a secure note. Thanks!

Hey @marynadal,

Would you mind providing us your FTP details so that we can check your theme files and resolve this issue?

Please provide the following:

• FTP hostname
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

Thanks in advance.

OK I have left another secure note. Please let me know if you need additional information.

Hi Marynadal,

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the FTP details to work. However, I was able to import the demo content. The Agency demo is now at work in your site.

What I found was that when Rev Slider is deactivated, the importing gets through. When it’s active, it fails.

I even tried, starting the importing process on the Validation page while Rev Slider was deactivated. It was slowly progressing the importation. While it’s still continuing, I opened the Plugins page on a separate tab and activated the said plugin. The result was that the importing failed.

This further proves that Rev Slider was the cause of it.

That brings us to the question of WHY it was causing importing to fail when it shouldn’t. I have no answer for that, unfortunately. But I would suggest that you try to re-install it. Deactivate it first, delete it then install it again from the X > Validation page.

However, that process above is not really necessary. Rev Slider seems to be working. It only was causing the importing issue. Since importing is now successful, I don’t think it’s anymore an issue.

Cheers.

Thank you very much!!

You’re welcome, Mary.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.