Demo content not an option for X

Hello
I have a fresh WP install and am using X + child theme. Site is validated, but no demo content even shows up as an option.
Any ideas how to get the demo content to show up? Or even a link to download it?
Cheers

Hello @johnnyp14,

Thanks for writing in!

You have installed the pre-release version 7.1 RC1 which introduces the Design Cloud. You can install the expanded demo contents using the Design Cloud.

If you are looking to install the standard demo contents, you will have to revert back to X 7.0.4. You can get this version from your dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard).

To know more about that difference with standard and expanded demo contents, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the fast reply.
I did try choosing the Design Could option, but it just kept giving an error 404 (also same thing when clicking global blocks or design templates). Is that functional?

Hey @johnnyp14,

Yes, the Design Cloud in X (currently on beta) is functional. I just installed a demo on my test site. Though it’s functional, I just want to warn the beta or RC versions should not be used in live sites. I’d also like to bring up the agreement regarding the use of those versions.

Please try resetting your Permalinks by going to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If that doesn’t help, try renaming the htaccess file in the root of your WordPress install to htaccess.bak and reset the Permalinks again so WordPress will generate the default htaccess setup.

Thanks.

It seem The RC version is automatically installed…

That’s correct. I didn’t install RC, it was automatically pushed.

@RueNel @christian_y

Why the RC seem to be pushed on auto update ? I got it too without signing up on anything (i’m not a beta tester)

Hello @popoche and @johnnyp14,

You are getting the Pre Release version of the Theme and Cornerstone because may be you have added this line in your wp-config.php file;

define( 'THEMECO_PRERELEASES', true );

Please remove this line from your WordPress config file so that you will only receive stable version and will exclude pre-release versions.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks but there was a Glitch in your system, @Nabeel say it was fixed :

Edit : I tried and indeed it seem to be fixed, i don’t receive the beta anymore now.

This was a clean installation of X and WP yesterday. That line doesn’t exist in my config. Perhaps a bug in the update that pushed it? Where can I get a copy of stable X so I can get the demo content? I looked at the downloads available in my account and they all are RC…

Hi @johnnyp14,

There was a glitch in our update system, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you. It has been resolved now, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/mistaken-update-to-release-candidate/66970

You can downgrade the theme version from the RC to the stable one by downloading the current versions from the Dashboard

Thanks!

Hm… It looks like the earlier version is more user friendly then the newer versions… I have to revert back to 7.0… The old way of installing the demo site was perfect! Please add this to the newer versions of X!

How do I revert to X 7.0.4?
IN my dashboard I clicked the ‘stability release 7.0.4’ link (below the 7.1 button.
But when I installed it, it was the X 7.1 instead of the 7.0.4

Please can you tell me how to revert to 7.0.4 (in detail)

Hi @hilbertgeerling,

If you’d really like to downgrade, you can download 7.0.4 from the stability release. You will need to fully delete X and Cornerstone, then install the 7.0.4 version. Once installed, it will prompt you to install Cornerstone which will be the previous version as well. Just make sure that you don’t automatically update as it will put you back on the latest release.

That being said, I would not advise downgrading, as you will be missing out on new features moving forward and stuck on the older version. To install demos on the latest version you can simply go into Design Cloud and click “Sites” to all the full sites (formerly expanded demos) that you can install.

Guys, I had the same problem. The button to download is HUGE and the little text link in gray below it is really underplayed, but is the stable version appaerntly.

The problem it seems that others have and that I have are that we want the Standard demos.

I plan to roll back to the 7.0 version.

Hi @comstarsupport,

Can you provide a screenshot of how that download button looks on your end? This is how it should look and you should easily able to click that Stability Release 7.0.4 under the button, that link is intentionally subtle because we encourage our users to always use the latest versions.

Cheers!

I feel like this should be reversed… encourage people to have stability releases in production and those who want to jump ahead can do so we their own risk.

Your screen shot is how it looks for me too. I agree with johnnyp14 that the emphasis should at least be equal in terms of the buttons/links?

Thanks for responding. Suggested uninstall and reinstall of 7.0.4 worked fine.

Why have the standard demos been removed, I wonder? Do I have to keep a version of 7.0.4 in my freezer to start any new project? Mmmm.

Hello @comstarsupport,

This is from our release notes:

What happened to Standard and Expanded demos?
Our former Expanded Demos are now called Sites and are included as part of Design Cloud. Importing a Site from Design Cloud works just like installing an Expanded Demo previously.

We have retired Standard Demos, although we will taking a select few of those designs and making new Sites from them.

The standard demo contents were retired because it is using legacy shortcodes. We will be taking several standard demos which will be converted using the new v2 section, row, column, and other elements. These demos will be available via the Design Cloud when we are done with the conversion.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.