Demo content issues

Hi,
Is there a way to not have nearly 1300 posts and nearly 100 about pages in the demo content, it’s proving rather confusing.
Also, I’m going in to validation and selecting church demo in the demo content. When I select to set it up, It is taking a really long time to load up. Should this be happening?

Hi @JLDesign666,

Thanks for reaching out.

The demo doesn’t that much posts and pages, do you mean you’re importing it over and over? Yes, that will add up depending on how many times you imported it.

The import could take a while but it should finish and if it isn’t then please provide the site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note. And please allow us to test the demo import.

Thanks!

Hi,

I’m not sure what’s happened. I got someone to import the theme when I bought it.
and when i do try to change demo content it’s taking hours to change over.

Thanks

Hey @JLDesign666,

Please let me point out first that our demo import system will not import content over and over. It’s mentioned in article about our Demo: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-demo-content/56. I’ve also just tested to see if there’s an issue with our demo import in my test site and I see no problem with duplication.

It’s possible however that there’s a unique or custom configuration in your WordPress install and/or web host that disrupts the process of our demo import thus duplicating the imported pages and posts. This does not happen in most web hosts.

When I imported the Agency demo and opened up the browser’s console, I saw an admin-ajax error.

During the time of the demo installation, that error went from 2 to 18.

There are a lot of factors that cause Admin Ajax issues. To give you an idea, please read this third-party article: https://kinsta.com/blog/admin-ajax/

I’d first recommend that you first backup your site and try resetting WordPress or start building your site again from a clean WordPress install without any plugin but Cornerstone. If the import issue persists, I’d recommend that you try out other web hosts as we regretfully do not have control over web hosts settings.

Thanks.

Everything seems to be working fine with the hosting. I have uninstalled the theme and will try again.

Thank you for testing.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.