Demo content is managed via the X Addons homepage section in the WordPress admin area of the theme

Hi,

This article below from you says that Demo content is managed via the X Addons homepage section in the WordPress admin area of the theme. It’s not. Where is it now located?

Nevermind! :slight_smile: I found it. Not sure how to delete this question. Thank you.

1 Like

Where was it? Unfortunately I have the same issue.

If you get to your main screen, click on X, then look down mid-page, you’ll see the extended pages and the plug and play ones. (Look for “Demo Content” and then click on the book (door) icon to see them in real life.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Glad to see you both found it :slight_smile:

Apologies about the confusion surrounding this, I’ll make sure that Knowledge Base article gets updated.

Thanks!

1 Like

Dear @Jack

Unfortunately when I try to install the “App” demo from the extended demo content I get the infamous “We’re sorry, the demo failed to finish importing” error. I have updated and verified all memory related files. Can you help? As all the existing forums on the topic seem to be spread out with different and varied solutions.

Good to know:
When I try and install any of the ‘standard demo theme’, they work just fine.
My hosting provider is www.digitalocean.com

1. Also, I don’t see “Addons” under "X’ in my menu. Themeco continuously refer to this in their documentation. Has this been removed?

2. Do I need the x-child theme installed? And what is its purpose?

Hi There @asimjanjua

Please open up a new thread and post your login credentials in a secure note to check your issue.

With regard to your other questions,

1. All the addons will be reside under X -> Overview section. You need to validate your site to get those extensions available.

2. When you want to add custom functionality into your site, basically you need to edit your template files inside X theme. If you do that and if X theme has a new update and once you update your theme, all your custom work will be removed with updated files. To overcome this issue, you need to setup a child theme, so that your custom codes will be kept separately under your child theme while you can update your X theme.

Thanks!