Demo App Theme

I am fairly new to Wordpress and theme co’x X-Theme. Every time I try to install the Demo ‘App’ theme it never gets installed. Instead, it sticks at “working on it”. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hello Charles,

Thanks for writing in!

Based on the information that you shared, you might have encountered a PHP time out. Please increase your PHP time out to at least 300ms. Please check this out:

​We also recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Hi there! Thank you ever so much for replying. I have made all the changes you recommended. I updated the .htaccess and wp-config files with the relevant code. Also I created a php.ini file and added the information. Still experiencing the same issue.

Hello Charles,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Awesome! Thanks a lot. I have created the secured note.

Hi Charles,

We cannot check your site at the moment. There is an existing error 404 or a fatal error in your site. Can you please enabled the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

okay. Just did it.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the credentials, your PHP execution time limit is still 30 seconds and that will not work because importing takes more than 30 seconds. You can see that here under the server tab. That means whichever method you did here did not work, please contact your hosting support and ask how to increase your site’s PHP execution time limit to 300 effectively.

Another thing, please deactivate all your other plugins except Cornerstone and Slider Revolution before importing to make sure none of those plugins is conflicting the process.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hey there

I contacted support and they mentioned that they had to edit a phprc file from their end. So they did and it works now. Thanks a lot for your assistance.

Glad to hear that,

Have a nice day,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.