Deleting Elements not working

Hi I am having problems when I try to delete elements in cornerstone. When I hit the delete option I get the screen shown here but the ‘Yep’ ‘Nope’ buttons are not clickable - I am using Chrome browser but same thing happens in other browsers. Help desperately needed - thanks

Hello Carl,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

The first two steps may be my issue so I need a little help to sort these out first.

1. My version of cornerstone is out of date but in my plugin menu I do not have the option to install a current version - so my question is how do I do this?

2. I cannot find the X > Settings - I can see in my wp dashboard X Addons and I also have a WP settings option but this does not have a clear style cache option. thanks for your help

Hi There,

Please manually update your X theme & Cornerstone plugin:

If you can’t do that, we’re ready to help you. Please provide us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

ok I have manually installed a up to date version of cornerstone - but its not really working perfectly. Certain elements will not be able to be dragged onto the webpage - the specific element I have been trying to use is both image and classic image. Plus classic custom headline works but to a point, I can add text and adjust the size and I can also add an accent but I cannot adjust the the text align? i.e. center the text on the page

I have tried updating to version 4 of cornerstone, but I get the message " An error occurred while updating Cornerstone: X is not validated " but when I go to my x product validation the correct key is displayed in the box?

Hi Carl,

Are you referring to the site, that I have added to the secure note below ? If so, your issue is that you’re using an older version of X theme (v4.0.2) along with a recent version of Cornerstone plugin (v3.3.8) which is totally incompatible. So you’re experiencing this issues.

The latest version of X theme is (v6.4.0) and the Cornerstone plugin (v3.4.0) as you can see here (https://theme.co/changelog/). Download the latest version of X theme from your Themeforest account, then switch to a default WordPress theme and then delete your existing X theme under Appearance -> Themes section.

Also disable and delete Cornerstone plugin from your WordPress plugins section. Then use the x.zip file and install the latest version of X theme via Appearance -> Theme section. Once you install the X theme, it will then install the latest version of Cornerstone plugin as well.

Once you’re fully updated, if you’re using a caching plugin on your server, make sure to purge your server cache and clear your browser cache before testing.

If you need further assistance, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.