Default Text Element behaving strange. Possible bug?

Hello,
I’ve encountered an issue with Text Default Element. It is behaving really strange.

So this is what I do (i tried to describe it in detail, so maybe there is something on the way I don’t do right):

1. I create a simple line of text.
  2. I give it minimum customization (I only increase line height).
  3. I save it as preset and call it: text-why-this-happens
  4. I go to Template Manager and set this preset as Text Default Element and Save
  5. I go to a Page and insert new Text element. It comes with the line of text with which I saved it and with the new line height, so all good up to now.
  6. I edit the text by writing something new
  7. I insert another Text element below and it inserts correctly again with some original text
  8. Now, when I edit any of those Text elements I just inserted (the ones that came with default) they ALL change to the same text simultaneously as I write in one of them. So basically it kind of behaves like a Global Block on the page. I edit one text and the other becomes the copy of it instantaneously and the previous text disappears and is replaced with the new text I’m typing in a different text element. Very strange.
  9. So I delete both texts and strangely all the content of my site disappears from the view too. The only thing I can do is reload the content and it is back to normal.

I’m afraid I can’t use this text default element like this. Is it a bug?
I haven’t tried it with other element defaults yet.
Please, help.

Gabriela

Hi Gabriela,

That is a strange issue. I checked our internal issue tracker and we do not have a report like that. So I want to check if this is something happening only on your installation or not.

Would you please kindly follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you have a Child Theme please change to the original theme and test the case.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Hello @christopher.amirian

Thanks for your advice.

As per your message:

1. I made sure everything is up to date, WordPress, X Theme, and plugins. The problem persists.
  2. I switched from my pro child theme to pro theme and the problem persists.
  3. I deactivated all the plugins and the problem persists.

I will send a secure note to you next.

Gabriela

Hi Grabiela,

I can confirm the issue, I’m adding this to our issue tracker. Unfortunately, there is no temporary workaround but to manually apply the preset instead of setting it by default in Template Manager.

Thanks!

Thanks for checking and confirming it.
I also tried Default with Headline and same thing happens so I think it’s not only affecting the Text element, but it’s a broader issue.

Hope this can be fixed in the next update!

Gabriela

Hey Gabriela,

Our developers have been informed already. A newly updated release update cycle will be available soon.
Please watch out for it and do not forget to check the changelog: https://theme.co/changelog/

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.