Default Text Color for Text Elements

If I set my default body copy color in the Theme Options Typography panel, it is not used as the default text color when adding a text element to a page. Is this a bug?

Currently, I have to set the text color each time (which I do by using the colors I’ve set up in the Colors manager).

thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for writing around! I tested Theme Options > Typography > Body and Content and set a default Body Font Color on my local setup and it’s working fine on my end. There could be multiple reasons if it’s not working for you. Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how this goes!

I’m having the same problem - used to work fine.

This isn’t working, nor changing the Customizer/Text/Color settings. A new text element is always black and needs manually changed.

Any ideas?

.bodytext {
font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif;
font-size: 16px;
letter-spacing: 1px;
word-spacing: 1px;
color: #FFFFFF;
font-weight: normal;
text-decoration: none;
font-style: normal;
font-variant: normal;
text-transform: none;
  text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1f3251;
}

.x-text {
color: #FFF;
}

Hi there,

The text element has its own color option when you inspect it. Please use that option to implement your preferred color. The global color is only applicable for elements without any color styling.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad

Hi there,

As a completion comment, you can set the text element as you like including the font color and save it as a template.

Then you can go to X > Templates and set the template in question as the Element Default. After that whenever you add a Text Element it will be as the one you have created. Please read the Element Default section of the Template article which I linked above.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.