Debugging preview could not load

Hi,

I’ve got a page that loads fine in it’s native language, but fails to load in the translated version.
I noticed that the console reveals the following error: “responseText: “{“success”:false,“data”:{“message”:“Invalid action”},“failed_php_input”:true}CORNERSTONE_FRAME””.

What does this message indicates and does this relates to the translated version?

See screenshot below.

Hi There @dhunink

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try following this thread (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/translations-wont-work/48495) for a resolution.

Specially check the following post (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/translations-wont-work/48495/22?u=mldarshana).

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana,

thanks for referencing to that topic. I’ve read through every post and applied all the fixes mentioned. Non had the desired results. Downgrading several WPML plugins tot the versions mentioned did. But that raises other issues.
I’ve installed more then only the three WPML plugins mentioned in this topic. To get things working, all need to be downgraded. That raises some security and other issues, since several updates included very important fixes. So permanently downgrading all theses plugins is not really an option for all my websites.

Reading through the topic it seems like the actual issue is a compatibility issue between WPML and Pro, regretfully. As a beta-tester I’ve experienced the excellent bug-fixes from the dev-team. I’m quite sure they will be able to solve this matter as well and would be more then happy to assist in debugging it further if needed.
What’s the current status of this issue on the bug tracker?

Hi,

I checked in our bug tracker and can see that the issue is still open which means it hasn’t been fix yet.

Please bear with us, rest assured our web development team is already aware of this and hopefully it will be fix soon.

Thanks

Hi @paul.r,

allright, but a sort of ETA would be nice here. I know that’s generally not possible but it seems to me this is a quite critical bug for everyone who’s running WPML.
I have to decide now to downgrade WPML or to continue searching (with your help) for a more durable solution.

Hi @dhunink,

Regretfully, we really do not have an ETA and you currently need to downgrade. The most I could do is post your screenshot to the bug report.

Thanks.

Hi,

still no update on this critical issue? I’ve tested the latest WPML release and the issue here still persists.
I believe translation is quite a fundamental feature of every website and hence of every theme. Having translations not working is really unacceptable. We need to have everything working WITH the latest security updates from both WPML and Pro.

I am willing to invest some of my own time into debugging if that helps to speed things up.

Regretfully, there is no update on this yet. I’ll double check with our core developer if there’s a mechanism for users to collaborate to solve an issue. Just note that it’s not a promise nor we could guarantee feedback.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y,

thanks for forwarding this issue to @alexander. Looking forward to his thoughts!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.