Customizing the post page using Cornerstone

Hi,
So I have two different questions of 2 different methods to achieve the same goal at the end:
My first question:
Is it possible to display the whole content of my post using the recent post element of Cornerstone, instead of just the title of my recent post?

My second question:
I have a page that I have created using Cornerstone. I have assigned this page as my post page and I lost all the elements that I have created using cornerstone.
How can I either add posts (full text) to my cornerstone page?
Or How can I edit my post page using cornerstone?

Thank you,
Can you please reply to this email:
baraak@specialolympicsontario.com

Hi there,

We could only respond through this forum so kindly check this thread,

Although this is technically possible, it would take some customization because the recent post element has a limit of 4 posts to display. You could use the offset option but it would still not be ideal because you will have to add a lot of the same element.

The page that you set as the Blog page in the wordpress setting will lose the content that you have added to the page because the blog page has it own template file that displays the layout and the contents of the blog page.

If you aim to customize the blog page more, you might want to the some of the bundled plugins with X like the Essential Grid plugin and The Grid plugin.

These plugins will let you select the skin or style of how the items will display and you could target the gallery to display the posts.

Please check these links:

https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/essential-grid-documentation/

If you choose to use either of the two, you can unset the page that you set the blog page so that you will be able to use Cornerstone for the page and you can insert the grid on the page using Cornerstone.

Hope this helps you get started.

Thank you for your reply.
The recent post elements works just fine for me as I don’t intend to post more than 4 posts. But my problem is that I am not able to display my whole post instead of (just the image and the title of the post). So how can I insert a complete post to a page I have designed using cornerstone?

Thank you

Hi again,

Regretfully there is no option to display full post content in a recent posts element however using essential grid you can display the text as well see for example https://essential.themepunch.com/masonry-grid-garfield/

To learn more about essential grid extension, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-essential-grid/68

Hope this helps!

Hi,
I watched the demo videos and read through the documentation to create a grid using the essential grid.
The essential grid I created looks good in the preview. But for some reason, it doesn’t show up on the actual page! I also tried inserting it using the shortcode’s but that didn’t work too.

Any thoughts?

Hello There,

Cornerstone is a page or post builder. You can use it to build a page or post with your own design and layout. Regretfully you cannot use Cornerstone to edit the archive pages and your blog index (posts page). WordPress will generate dynamic contents for these pages. This is the reason why when you have created a page for your blog in Cornerstone and as soon as you assigned the page as your posts page, those contents were gone and replaced with post items. In simple sense, the page content that you have created were discarded. Please check out this codex for further information about static page and custom blog page: https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page#Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I totally understand you point and that is why I am not trying to create a blog page using cornerstone or assign a blog to a page that was designed using cornerstone.

My problem here is different and it is not the same as the previous issue of this ticket.
I have created a grid using the essential grid plugin. the grid looks good in the preview but when I insert it to the actual page using both ways the short code and/or inserting using the available elements in cornerstone (that is used to insert essential grids), the grid does not appears in my actual page.

Please help!

Thanks

Hello @jamesnoronha,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Can you please let me know if the grid is displaying or not in the preview panel or live page? In live page if it’s not displaying then please check for following:

1. Please make sure you are using latest version of X Theme 6.2.5 and Cornerstone 3.2.5. Along with that please make sure that you have compatible version of The Grid plugin. As of today the compatible version of The Gird is 2.6.60. For more information on the plugin versions, please take a look at following page.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply.
It is not working on the live page. But it is previewing fine on the preview panel.
I am going to follow what you suggested and let you know.

Thank you again.

Also, a very important thing to note here is that I am not using The Grid plugin. Instead, I am using the Essential Grid plugin.

Hi There,

Thanks for the information!
Please perform the action given by Prasant and let us know if that works.

Thanks

Thank you everyone.
It is working fine. It seems that I was using a skin that only displays the feature images of the posts but I didn’t have any in my posts and that is why the grid didn’t show up on the actual page.

Thank you again.

Glad you’ve sorted it out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.