Customizing Posts Page/News Posts not showing up

Hi, sorry, new to X and back on WordPress for the first time in a while. I built a site using X and the “agency” preset, and customized to my liking from there for all of the content pages, however, I’m building out the “news” posts page now and I can’t find any way to customize it to match the rest of my pages (which i styled using Cornerstone).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Actually, after I deleted all of the pre-loaded example posts but my own, it’s no longer displaying any of my news posts anymore, either. It says “Nothing to show right now” despite me having 3 news articles posted.

http://chipmaestro.com/retrotainment/index.php/news/

Hello @michaeldangelo3,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please note that after selecting a page as blog/news page from Settings > Reading > You homepage displays you can’t use any page builder tool that also includes Cornerstone. This page is using a template index.php and the contents were generated by WordPress dynamically displaying the post items in Chronological order. You can only use Cornerstone to edit a page, posts or portfolio items.

Thanks.

Actually, I’m in a similar situation! “Actually, after I deleted all of the pre-loaded example posts but my own, it’s no longer displaying any of my news posts anymore, either. It says “Nothing to show right now” despite me having 3 news articles posted.”
As you can see, I have one post under Recent Posts but it is not showing up on my News page, which is the designated Posts Page in static display.
I did not use Cornerstone to create the recent post, but I used the Agency theme and the news page was created with that.
https://smartcontentdfy.com/news/
Any ideas @Prasant?
Thanks,
Jim

Hi @mtnjim,

Please navigate to Theme Options > Ethos > POST CAROUSEL > Display > select Random:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

That totally didn’t work @thai ! It just placed the blog post on the upper left area of every page, and the news page still shows the same message.

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

Hey Jim,

Other support members could not see personal messages. Please use the Secure Note feature.

Thanks.

The Secure Note goes to the topic owner too @christian_y.? oops…didn’t want it to go to them…

Hi There @mtnjim

Please remove your sensitive information here, create your own thread and then use the secure note option there.

Thanks!

Takes 24 hrs to delete? (post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged) @mldarshana

Hi There @mtnjim

You can simply click on the secure note option and remove your information (I have done it for you). Will check your other thread.

Thanks!

Hi, sorry, I’ve not been on here in a bit but I’m still having the same issue. I have the news page selected to display my posts and I’m getting the same

“Nothing to Show Right Now
It appears whatever you were looking for is no longer here or perhaps wasn’t here to begin with. You might want to try starting over from the homepage to see if you can find what you’re after from there.”

message on the page despite having several news posts made. They were displaying before I deleted the ones that came with the theme, now they’re gone.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! To resolve this issue, please go to X > Theme Options > Ethos and disable the Post Carousel and the Post Sliders. This should resolve the display of the contents. You can enable it back if you want to display the carousel or slider once you already have several posts. Please do to select Featured because you might not have a feature post yet. Only select Random or Most Commented so that the contents will display. The featured when selected is known to break the loop does resulting to display the message “Nothing to Show Right Now”.

Please let us know how it goes.

awesome, that worked. Now it shows my most recent posts.

http://chipmaestro.com/retrotainment/index.php/news/

Still unsure of how or if I can change the colors of this page or add any static content above or below the news posts. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello There,

• Which part of the blog would you like to change? To change the white background color, simply add this custom css code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)
.blog.x-boxed-layout-active .site, 
.blog.x-boxed-layout-active .x-site {
    background-color: red;
}

Feel free to change the color to your preferred one.

• To add a custom content above or below the post items, assuming the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file
// Add a shortcode after the blog post items
// =============================================================================
function add_custom_content_above_post_items(){ ?>
  <?php if ( is_home() ) : ?>

<div class="custom-content x-container max width">
    	<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer scelerisque eros eu pulvinar dictum. Nunc egestas massa at elit bibendum, cursus fringilla nunc faucibus. Proin dignissim efficitur nunc a cursus. In luctus mi in nisi condimentum, sed ornare enim tempor. Praesent semper ultricies tellus, rutrum fermentum leo viverra at. Sed a venenatis ante, non aliquam tortor. Aliquam erat volutpat. Curabitur felis elit, rhoncus et molestie in, auctor euismod lorem. Etiam viverra hendrerit metus, vitae ullamcorper metus ultricies ut. Ut eu ex id ligula viverra auctor at quis urna.</p>
	</div>
  <?php endif; ?>
<?php }
add_action('x_before_view_global__index', 'add_custom_content_above_post_items');
// =============================================================================

function add_custom_content_below_post_items(){ ?>
  <?php if ( is_home() ) : ?>

<div class="custom-content x-container max width">
    	<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer scelerisque eros eu pulvinar dictum. Nunc egestas massa at elit bibendum, cursus fringilla nunc faucibus. Proin dignissim efficitur nunc a cursus. In luctus mi in nisi condimentum, sed ornare enim tempor. Praesent semper ultricies tellus, rutrum fermentum leo viverra at. Sed a venenatis ante, non aliquam tortor. Aliquam erat volutpat. Curabitur felis elit, rhoncus et molestie in, auctor euismod lorem. Etiam viverra hendrerit metus, vitae ullamcorper metus ultricies ut. Ut eu ex id ligula viverra auctor at quis urna.</p>
	</div>
  <?php endif; ?>
<?php }
add_action('x_after_view_global__index', 'add_custom_content_below_post_items');

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.