Customizing Post Meta Icon and Hiding Category

Hi,

I would like to change the “pencil” icon for author to a “user” icon for the post meta. I’d also like to hide the category name in the post meta. Can you please help? The page I’m trying to customize is http://revolutionvancouver.com/sermons/.
Thanks!

Also, is there a way to change the description on the tab at the top to be “Sermons” instead of “Sermons Archives”?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Integrity Entry Meta
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_integrity_entry_meta' ) ) :
  function x_integrity_entry_meta() {

//
    // Author.
    //

$author = sprintf( '<span><i class="x-icon-user" data-x-icon="&#xf007;"></i> %s</span>',
      get_the_author()
    );

//
    // Date.
    //

$date = sprintf( '<span><time class="entry-date" datetime="%1$s"><i class="x-icon-calendar" data-x-icon="&#xf073;"></i> %2$s</time></span>',
      esc_attr( get_the_date( 'c' ) ),
      esc_html( get_the_date() )
    );

//
    // Comments link.
    //

if ( comments_open() ) {

$title  = apply_filters( 'x_entry_meta_comments_title', get_the_title() );
      $link   = apply_filters( 'x_entry_meta_comments_link', get_comments_link() );
      $number = apply_filters( 'x_entry_meta_comments_number', get_comments_number() );

$text = ( 0 === $number ) ? 'Leave a Comment' : sprintf( _n( '%s Comment', '%s Comments', $number, '__x__' ), $number );

$comments = sprintf( '<span><a href="%1$s" title="%2$s" class="meta-comments"><i class="x-icon-comments" data-x-icon="&#xf086;"></i> %3$s</a></span>',
        esc_url( $link ),
        esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Leave a comment on: &ldquo;%s&rdquo;', '__x__' ), $title ) ),
        $text
      );

} else {

$comments = '';

}

//
    // Output.
    //

if ( x_does_not_need_entry_meta() ) {
      return;
    } else {
      printf( '<p class="p-meta">%1$s%2$s%3$s</p>',
        $author,
        $date,
        $comments
      );
    }

}
endif;
// =============================================================================

To change the “Sermon Archives” in the tab title, you will have to go to Yoast SEO > Titles and Metas and remove the text “Archives”. For more information, please check this out: https://kb.yoast.com/kb/yoast-wordpress-seo-titles-metas-template-variables/

Hope this helps.

Thank you! There was a missing “/” right at the beginning before “Integrity Entry Meta” but once I added that in, it works! Thanks again for your help!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.