Customizer stopped working

Hi all, I can start customizer but when i click the button “customize in x theme options” i get the waiting / load page sign of customizer maing circles endlessly. help! :wink:

Hello @MrsX,

Thanks for writing in! Did this happened right after you have updated to X 7.1.2 and Cornerstone 3.1.2? After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

For more troubleshooting tips, please check out this thread:

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Thank you RueNel! That was really helpful and yes it happened after updating X and WP. The cache of my browser did the final trick and now it works a bit better and I got further… but now it’s still hanigng, but a little later in the process. I see the second menu in the customizer now, so no more spinning wheel, but then it still hangs there and I only see a black X in a circle, beating like a heart, on the spot where i should see my website. Even if i click in the menu. It stays.
I checked the link you gave for more deets: My PHP is up to date, the memory is max and I don’t have heartbeat. Any thoughts? see secure note.

Hi @MrsX,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I checked your setup and it’s the Autoptimize plugin that was causing the issue. I deleted the cache first and then deactivated the Autoptimize plugin and this has resolved the problem. Most probably JS minification could be causing the issue, If you need to activate Autoptimize plugin then try turning off the minification settings.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you so much Nabeel!!! I don’t know where that plugin came from! :):):slight_smile:

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.