Customizer issues & upgrade problems

Today I updated my WP to version 4.9.4 and upgraded WooCommerce to 3.0. I have a child of a relatively old X theme (4.1.1). After I upgraded, all of my Custom CSS in Customizer disappeared from Customizer, but it all still shows up in the code of each page. I added a class to the now-empty Custom CSS and it shows up on top of the old CSS with the id wp-custom-css (my old Custom CSS style has the id x-customizer-css-custom). Thinking this may be a compatibility issue, I downloaded the latest X theme (version 6) and uploaded it to my themes. After giving me a few errors, it showed up on my Themes page right next to my old version of X. So now there are two X themes plus my child theme. Clearly, I’m my own worst enemy with this, but if anyone can help me sort out 1) how to gain access to my Custom CSS again, and 2) how to upgrade from version 4.1.1, I’d be very appreciative. I have not converted to Pro.

Hey @kitkalen,

I’m not sure why you were able to install the latest version of X when you have the old version. Did you rename the old parent X theme? Anyway, please backup your site and delete the old X parent via FTP and check if the issue persists.

It is also important that you know what has changed since 4.1.1 of X. Please see our Changelog, Release Notes and our Update Guide.

Thanks.

Thanks for the help. I’ve successfully upgraded X to the latest version. My site seems to be working okay. However, Customizer is completely unavailable to me now. The X logo just spins and spins and I never gain access to it. Thoughts on what may be conflicting with it?

Hello @kitkalen,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.