Customizer doesn't load

Hi There,

I’ve been using X theme for a while now and am creating a new website with it.
Now out of the blue when opening the customizer to edit the header/footer/typography etc. it doesn’t load properly. The round ‘X’ logo spins two times and then the page just goes blank.
The tab in chrome says “Loading… edit” (free translates from Dutch) and the page says: “domain.com has redirected you too many times” (translated from Dutch to English, so probably not the literal error message in English)

Any suggestions on what it might be? I’ve tried and disabled all plugins etc. but without succes. I’ve already added the
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );"
to the wp-config file as well.

Hope to hear from you soon since I’m in a bit of a hurry with this site…
Thanks, best regards.

Hi There,

I can see you do have Redirect After Login plugin. Try to disable that plugin and then check again.
You might also want to update theme and plugins. See our changelog and latest theme and plugin versions here.

Hi Lely,

Thanks for your reply. I already have tried disabling that plugin but without any success. I´ve also installed the latest version of the theme and plugins. Do you have any other suggestions what it might be?

Hi There,

I have investigated this issue further and re-create your .htaccess file, changed your site URL to include www so that it won’t re-direct back and forth. Also disabled your redirection plugin, but I’m still getting the same result.

Also when checking your site using an online tool (http://redirectcheck.com/), I received the following response.

Results:

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 16:09:44 GMT
Expires: Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0
Retry-After: 3600
Content-Length: 1339
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
X-Backend: web17
Server: PCX/No-Cache
X-Cache-Hit: No
X-Cache-Hits: 0
Connection: keep-alive

Please contact your hosting provider with regard to this issue.

Thanks!

Dear mldarshana,

I’ve contacted my hosting company, however they say it has something to do with the theme since the rest of the website works flawless. Like I said before the error only occurs when using the “customizer” of X-theme.

Could you please help me further? I’ve tried clearing cache, disabling plugins and tried it with different computers and browsers.

Best regards

Hi There,

You’re using the old version of X (4.5.2) with latest Cornerstone (2.0.6) in latest WordPress (4.8.1) that’s not going to work. Please install/activate the latest version of X (5.1.1) and delete the old one.

Remember to clear all your caching feature including the browser’s cache after the updating.

Thanks,