Customize screen keeps refreshing continuously

I’m a very slow starter and appreciate this help. It took me a while to remember how to get to the Customize screen. I am using X-Integrity (Ver 5.1.1). The Customize screen keeps dimming and reloading continuously. I don’t think this is the normal behaviour, but I’m new enough not to know. What is going on here? Thank you,.

Hi There,

Let’s do a standard troubleshooting first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details. You said, X theme is updated. Check plugins too.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins. This is only applicable if you have caching and optimization plugin. If none, or if you’re not sure, please skip this.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. Also skip this if none or if you’re sure about this.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

If after all this and the issue still remains, please do share site URL and admin credentials using a secure note so we can check further. Thank you.

Hi Lely. Thank you for your help. Being a rookie that list seemed daunting, but it went faster than I thought. I think the problem was W3-Edge plugins. I deactivated them all and I can’t see yet how I might need them. The result is success and a stable page. Thanks again. Peace

You’re welcome.

Since I thought all was well, I downloaded and installed child themes, which brought back the problem of the flashing page. As I did last time, I cleared the cache and disabled the suspect plugins. This time however the Customize screen is once again flashing (refreshing continuously). The site (my first) is DrGoodMouth.com. How do I use a secure not to share the admin credentials?

Hi There,

I have logged into your site and I can confirm your issue. Could you please provide us with your FTP credentials to investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

Thank you for checking into it. I’m very sorry, but I don’t know how to find FTP credentials, or that I ever established any.

Hi There,

I’m sorry but your provided credentials are incorrect. Could you please confirm on your end ? You can refer to the following video walkthrough (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIV6WrM383c).

Thanks!

I watched video again and went through the steps again only changing password (see secure note)

The issue is because of the error in the menu (page does not exist). Please create pages and add them to your menu.

I’ve set your Primary Menu as the Primary Menu and added a custom link and the Customizer preview does not refresh anymore.

1 Like

Thank you Xian! I would never have figured that out. Came at a good time as I have today off and can restart this project.

You’re welcome.