Customize and Cornerstone do not open

Hello,
I waited to update X Theme and Cornerstone up to date from version 6.0.4 and 3.0.4

Today I recently installed https://pdpkapp.com the latest version 6.3.8 and 3.3.8

After updating, Customize is always loading and does not open, while Cornerstone does not open.

I have cleaned the cache both from the Server and from the WordPress Dashboard.

Unfortunately nothing has improved.

Do you have any advice please to try before going back to the previous versions?

Best regard,

Mauro

Hello Mauro,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Have you rolled back the changes as I see X Theme 6.0.4 and Cornerstone 3.0.4 active on your website? Can you please confirm?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @Prasant,
thank you to help me again today.

Yes, I confirm that I rolled back one hour ago to update my Blog.

Mauro

Hi Mauro,

Then the most possible issue could be that you’re running out of your allocated PHP memory limit. Could you please try following our guide here, increase your memory limit and then re-test your issue again.

Then check your PHP version running on your server and make sure to use PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues. We also do not recommend the latest version of PHP (7.2.x) which may have incompatibility issues as we have not fully tested it.

Further make sure to check your PHP max script execution time and set it to the value 120 or above. You can refer to the following resource for more information on that (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time)

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Mauro,

Here are other things you can try if you’ll update again.

1. Important: Test the update in a staging server and follow the rest of the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme and see if the issue persists.

6. Remove custom codes in your site.

7. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button. If this fixes the issue, you might have custom rules in your htaccess that interferes with X and Cornerstone.

8. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @mldarshana @christian_y,
thank you for your time to help me on this case.

I confirm that I run PHP version 7.2.11 and my memory limit on WordPress is 512 MB.

So, this is what I did:

• Test on Staging site, done;
  • Clear Website cache, done;
  • Clear Server cache, done;
  • Clear CDN cache, done;
  • Clear Browser cache, done.

Now I can work with Cornerstone 3.3.8 and X Theme 6.3.8.

Best regards,

Mauro

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.